I need help quickly help me please!

Nichia!

Banned
My older son pushed his little brother 3 years old to the edge of wooden bed and his nose started bleeding with a hole in it in the area between his eyes and it's midnight here and with no cars or anything else I need to wait until morning and the bleeding is stoped and I am very very angry and very afraid and... help me tell me what to do

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go ahead and take him to the ER. I was a first responder and my wife is a doctor. If you have any doubts at all please go seek real medical advice

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure where you are and how easy to get to a hospital, if that's not easy right now, keep him awake and see how he is. Acting normal, not dizzy etc etc. we have had similar incidents over the years, staying with them for an hour or longer to make sure ok. Normal behavior etc, is he interested in toys and playing. If everything seems normal then keep an eye over night, make a decision in the morning. But if in any doubt, always seek medical advice imho.

Nichia!

Banned
I live in nowhere am afraid
Sorry

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Am sitting next to him and he is sleep now and am watching him

ven

Flashaholic
Would edit post #5 as family forum, feel your frustration.

Stay calm, keep an eye on him and breathing. I am sure he will be fine, kids bounce! Important to stay calm though, easier said than done I know.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can check his pupils to see normal functions & look for dizziness, abnormal speech (for him) what else burley?

If bleeding has stopped, that's half the battle. Be calm , the 3 y/o will mirror your stress.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Main thing is if it was a hard bump keep him awake and playing. If not a very hard bump and more worried about the cutting then that is already taken care of by the clotting you said.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wrap ice in a towel or use frozen peas to help with swelling. If the hole is deep then clean with soap and water. Don't use any topicals yet

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Sounds like a solid boxer's cut, they'll stitch it when you get to the ER; a bit of blood from a good bump is normal, if he can sleep through it then odds are nothing underneath is broken.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Stay calm is first thing. You need to keep your head your family depends on you. If he's sleeping and breathing fine you will be find till morning just stay calm. That's the most important part. Your son will sense if you are scared and it will make it worse.you can panic and lose it when the situation is over. I'm a father of 4 been there before. We're with you

Nichia!

Banned
Okay

Thank you for your support guys I really appreciated it

Just came back from hospital and they said nothing to be afraid of its okay but maybe he needs plastic surgery for his nose but not now and come back in a month to see his condition

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
See how things go, kids heal quick as well as bounce! Unlike adults........I am sure he will be fine, they might even advise if surgery is needed to wait till older. Hard to say without seeing the cut. Just make sure he owes not try to pick any scabs to aid healing.

I remember madison at the caravan when she was about 3. Messing with a retractable window blind, quite a string spring on them. It sprung up to close, catching her on the eye lid as it sprung up . At the time it was like :eek: Just imagine blood from the eye lid, so all around the eye, down her face. The slice was maybe 20mm, 9 years on it's the faintest ever mark that you cant really even notice anything there.

Glad ok so far anyway, it's sure hard work being a parent!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
when i was a kid that was a weekly thing. lol one time we was playing a game where we would knock on the window and then go hide (we was weird kids) well anyways my arm went thru the window and slit my wrist. about that time my buddys mom came home. i was scared so i hid my wrist behind me.but the blood was streaming out. she freaked out . but i assured her i was ok. i went home and never told my mom. it healed scared but healed. my point is kids are tough

Nichia!

Banned
U guys are the best and very kind thank you all for your concern It really helps me

When I first saw his injury I was immediately shocked and I don't know what happened to me I just stand still (normally am not like that) because I saw a hole in the area between his eyes and that area is a bone and I was looking inside it !!! It's like someone makes a hole inside a wall or something like that. I have never seen something like that

And I immediately become furious and very very angry and scared in the same time and when my older son saws me like that he run away I literally lost my mind..

I thought my little son is going to.. I don't know..

Anyway I thank god and I thank you all my brothers and sisters for all the kind words and support

Latest posts