I think I might be looking for a light that doesn't exist?

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
How do you guys feel about the NiteCore SRT series?

Ive never had one, but I like the concept. Im seriously considering getting an SRT3 soon here to have a capable light that is a little smaller than my P12GT to EDC with.

Lumen83

Enlightened
The surefire u2 has a selector ring that allows you to choose 6 different brightness levels. The stock LED is outdated compared to modern LEDs, but it is a great light with more than enough brightness depending on your use case. It can also be modded for a more powerful LED.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny, I came across this thread back when the question was first posted but I kinda ignored it because I was trying to figure out if the OP was serious and asking for suggestions or if he was fishing for something whether it was troll bait or something else I wasn't sure...now I see that the OP was actually seriously looking for this light that was thought to not exist. I think back on how I felt when I first discovered that there were in fact other manufacturers of "serious" flashlights besides Surefire, Streamlight and Maglight. It's a wonderful world out there...

tobylazur

Newly Enlightened
Hi, sorry. I'm not trolling, just a little behind the times.

I realized about 6 months ago that most of my outdoor and shooting gear is now 10+ years old. I bought a Fenix e21 (which got me thinking about the bezel ring) maybe 5-6 years ago as a cheap knock around light, but found I really liked it. Made me realize how ridiculous SureFire prices for their products were. So I figured I'd join this board to see what was out there in terms of lights.