I use my Arc AAAv4 ( )% of the time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X33

Enlightened
Carry mine all the time, but don't use it that often because of the other bigger lights I usually also carry. They sort of get more airtime.

Geologist

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
rscanady said:
The blue tint bothers me a lot! especially for the price. The new ARC is no longer in my pocket but resides in a bag. It has been replaced again by my modded Q3. It never went on my keychain, that will stay with the Jil DD from TIN. So now I EDC a green A2 and modded Q3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be more than happy to put it on a keychain for ya!

rscanady

Enlightened
I bet you would, dont get my wrong, I love the construction of the light and the amount of light it puts out, I guess I am just spoiled by the Luxeons is all. i have a Jil DD that I got from TIN College Giveaway that resides on my keychain now that I love! The arc is still used I keep it in a BOB!

Ryan

goldenlight

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Xenon said:
Does the bluish tint of the new LED really bothers you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care for the tint at all, but the form and function make up for it. I really, really wish it had a whiter, more even emittor, but it's still the best at what it does, for the time being, at least....

I use an L-92 in mine, and it gets a lot of short duration use; I leave very few, often only one, light on in my house at night. I use the Arc to go from room to room, to make bathroom runs in the middel of the night, etc. It's not a lot of minutes of on time, but it gets turned on many times, if I'm home in the evening.

If I'm outside, or away from home, I virtually always use my other light. I belt carry a HDS EDC U42, which really is the ultimate, all purpose EDC light.

For now, I have my Arc-AAA rev 4 on a string around my neck. I sleep with it, and with the lighter weight battery, I rarely notice I have it around my neck. The cost of the lithium L-92's is worth it to me, at least. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

nightshade

Enlightened
Use both of mine at work roughly 70% of the time. I look in ceiling plenums and elevator shafts alot. It's too much to ask of any single AAA for those tasks. I don't over analyze tints, usually too hot and/or too hurried to care. If my old fart eyes can distinquish each pair in old, 26 gauge, 25 pair telecomm cables...I take it all with a grain of salt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Its a durable instrument,well suited for the rigors of the working world, imvho.

slind1

Newly Enlightened
I don't like carrying a lot of stuff in my pockets but the Arc AAA is so good that its on my keyring and I use it everyday. I carry a SF E1L in my CountyComm Bailout bag but the Arc AAA is my 1st stop for illumination. My EDC equipment consists of a Chris Reeve small sebbie, the Arc AAA, a Marathon TSAR and my wallet. You can't beat good equipment.

A long-winded way of saying 100%.

Donald

Newly Enlightened
For those with the Leatherman new Wave, the premium Leather case will accomdate your Arc AAA. I have the new one on order, but meanwhile here is the older model in UV, shown in the premium Leatherman case. I presume the Charge cases are similar. If orderering for this carry feature, make sure to check first. I believe there is further explanation of this at www.equipped.org, just make sure to look at the new Wave descriptions, not the old one. I think the info. there was more complete than at Leatherman's own site.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry mine 100% of the time with my keys, and often have a second one on a neck lanyard. And I almost never use either one. :) The HDS (or whatever) on my belt gets used, and the Arcs are there just in case.

best regards

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
I just attached mine to a Berkley Mini Clip. It has been on my keys all the time since I got it. I haven't been using it much these past few days partly because I just got a McLux PD but now that it has the clip for easy disengagement from the keys I'll be using it much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.