If money were no object, what lights would you get?

missionaryman

Enlightened
I'd buy the Le Beau - yeah I know it's not for sale but everything has it's price...

I'd also go and manufacture a de-bugged, de-niggled version of every mod on the CPF from scratch using specifically designed purpose built host, switch, reflector, battery packs and chargers.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kum Kang, Rayzorbeam, Beast, Hellfire, Darpa x 3, L6 Porky and a couple of nice customs (Super Flashlight III, Gatlight etc..)

Flakey

Enlightened
M6-R

Id make andrew build me a mag100 =)

2 of every light that surefire makes

a dumptruck of 123's (ten year shelf life right?)

"If money were no object, what lights would you get?"
batteries included right hehe?

edit: oh oh make that 2 M6-R's and i would carry them both at the same time on either side of my belt and i would whip them out at random and throw around 1200 lumens of total devistation!!!! :rock::rock:!!!:rock::rock:!!!!:rock:!!!:rock:!!!!

ohh ohh and id make a vest covered in 5 watt leds and illuminate everything around me!

OHHH and i would add a laser sight to all of my high output lights for target accusation prior to illumination!

.... wow i went WWWAAAAYYY to far on this huh?

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely the Surefire Beast. I'd ask for a rechargeable pack, but if money is no object.. ahh heck I'd commission a custom rechargeable pack, because I don't want to end up throwing away too many cells (doesn't make feel good about the environmental impact at all, despite the fact I'm not usually your "save the earth" kinda guy).

And a few more U2s to go along. Can't have too many of a good thing. I'd take an M3T as well, and a 10X for fun.

The tank light is fun, I'd stick it in the house somewhere.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flakey said:
edit: oh oh make that 2 M6-R's and i would carry them both at the same time on either side of my belt and i would whip them out at random and throw around 1200 lumens of total devistation!!!! :rock::rock:!!!:rock::rock:!!!!:rock:!!!:rock:!!!!

.... wow i went WWWAAAAYYY to far on this huh?

Just carry one of 'em HIDs for 1500-3000 lumens. Beats carrying 2 M6s.
And nah, you're fine :D

rikvee

Enlightened
I would ask talented people like McGizmo or fivemega to cobble this together:

- a light with the looks of a 1AA cut-down MiniMag
- driven by a single 150A size Li-Ion
- improved bezel twistie, programmable with U2-style ring switch
- rechargeable without disassembly
- available in beadblasted pink and baby-blue (I seem to be alone in this one :crazy:

In other words, a smaller and prettier U2 in girlie colors that can hang off a neck lanyard and be held between one's teeth without any danger of chipping them...

wquiles

Flashaholic
Maybe a shocker, but since I already have an SF M6, and since I much prefer like lights no larger than the M6, I am not interested in buying any new/current lights at the moment. The SF Beast or the Megaray (whatever the name is) does nothing for me. I don't need nor care much for "show" lights - if it has no real/practical use for me, I am not getting them. I don't even like the MC nor the M*g85 as they are too large, heavy, and too bright for me :crackup:

Once I turn the M6 into a regulated light (with a LOLA as the main light), that along with my A2 has me covered outdoors. Indoors, I have plenty of LED lights that work great, so I am more or less done until something exciting comes along ;)

Will

Last edited:

fleegs

Enlightened
If money were no object, I would start my own company that would develop flashlights. Then I would have everyone one that I want because I designed them. And yes I would have a regulated incandscent series.

Happy New Year!

rob

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Have my Phazer upgraded to all U bins.

2 Surefire Beasts, 1 Surefire Hellfire, 3 Surefire M6s
1 Surefire A2, 1 Surefire U2

a ton of Surefire weapon lights, and i mean a lot.

Megaray & Maxa Beam

HDS U120GTXR

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
I'd do a lot of mods because that's what I like to do and I haven't done as much as I'd like to in that regard.

greenLED

Flashaholic
For starters, let me say that'd I'd get at least two of each:
Indium Smart
entire Aleph series and all accessories, etc.
all SF lights
all Night-Ops lights
original McLux
McLux PD's
HDS (all of them)
maybe a MaxaBeam

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first three that come to mind are:

- Surefire U2
- Gladius
- HDS Ultra 85 GT

There are several custom lights I'd like to have also, but there are too many to list.