If Only ... It Could Be The Best

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
If my SF Aviator had a 7,000k tint and a variable output between .1 lumens and 132,000 lumens with a runtime of 540 hours on high. Still running off a single CR123. That would be pretty cool I think =)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I freaking love Zebralight. I would have agreed with an above poster about an XHP35 HI Eagtac G25C2 but that already has been announced and may drop at any time. Of course I will buy it I just hope ET leaves out the new 3 button UI(tail switch then two side switches etc)and leaves the head twist UI in but I get the feeling they may go with the new non head twist UI which will be unfortunate.

Light Bug

Newly Enlightened
ANY Zebralight with a simple 3-4 mode interface. No double or triple clicky or programmable or hidden modes.

Witterings

Enlightened
If my SF Aviator had a 7,000k tint and a variable output between .1 lumens and 132,000 lumens with a runtime of 540 hours on high. Still running off a single CR123. That would be pretty cool I think =)

They've had that variant for ages ... did you rush to press the buy now button before having a look at all the available options :shakehead ?????? :grin2:

WaffleBuggy

Newly Enlightened
I freaking love Zebralight. I would have agreed with an above poster about an XHP35 HI Eagtac G25C2 but that already has been announced and may drop at any time. Of course I will buy it I just hope ET leaves out the new 3 button UI(tail switch then two side switches etc)and leaves the head twist UI in but I get the feeling they may go with the new non head twist UI which will be unfortunate.

I share your concern. Especially since this is the response I received from Eagletac back in February.

"Thank you for your support.
We will integrate XHP35 on G25C2 in a couple of months, however, the UI may change a little. The sample has not come out yet."

sc00ts19

Newly Enlightened
My Elzetta Bravo. Love the light, and putting in a Malkoff M61N made it near perfect to me. The high/low tail cap is easy to use and covers most of my uses. Yet....every time I use my little Photon Freedom, I can't help but wonder why the UI in that tiny piece of plastic couldn't be used in bigger lights. Click once for high, click and hold for infinitely variable ramp up and release when desired output is reached. If I could get that interface in my Bravo, I'd have perfection.

I find myself saying this all the time! HDS seems to be an option but I refuse to research it further because my wife would sew me to the sheets!

I would love an Elzetta Alpha2​. Basically it would be the current Alpha lengthened to hold 2 x CR123a batteries. It could be a little bit brighter given the doubling of voltage or just run a bit longer, either would be great. The light is superb as-is but since the clip rides in the middle of the light it carries to high to stay in a pocket. And Alpha2​ would still be more compact than a Bravo AVS while being a great size for EDC.

I had the same problem with my alpha. It did not feel secure at all having that much of the light hanging out. I switched to a quick release tether and haven't looked back!

87yuo9A.jpg

It's just two loops of cord connected by breakaway lanyard connectors.

adnj

Enlightened
My Elzetta Bravo. Love the light, and putting in a Malkoff M61N made it near perfect to me. The high/low tail cap is easy to use and covers most of my uses. Yet....every time I use my little Photon Freedom, I can't help but wonder why the UI in that tiny piece of plastic couldn't be used in bigger lights. Click once for high, click and hold for infinitely variable ramp up and release when desired output is reached. If I could get that interface in my Bravo, I'd have perfection.
That sounds like the old Nitecore D/E10 interface.

BrightEyesBurningLikeFire

Newly Enlightened
TK20R is doing all I need it to.
Compact, bombproof, very bright, rechargeable (sort of), has a low mode.
Ideal for Coastguard searches. And for my own use of course!