im sorry but this made me laugh puppy shoots man

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
Re: im sorry but this made me laugh puppy shoots m

NRA - I understand where you are coming from. And I am certainly not saying you are ignorant. Quite the contrary, you seem to have quite a good perspective. As I said, I realize people have different attitudes about this for any variety of reasons - only a few examples of which might be ignorance (and when I say that I only mean lack of information about veterinary methods of euthanasia or other options), upbringing, personal experience - any number of things. I too have had pets my entire life. I have raised kittens from only a couple of weeks old with bottle-feedings, I have had sick cats euthanized, I have buried many cats, and I have enjoyed having them all as my pets. Everyone has had different experiences. I have never had a well-behaved and well-trained pet go into a panic at the vet's office. I have also only seen maybe 1-2 animals behaving badly or acting frightened in the office waiting rooms during the entire time I have been taking animals to the vet. So, I am just going on what I know.

Personally I am just glad to hear that there are other people out there who actually care about animals enough to think twice about an issue like this.

I guess I'm one of those saps who does put animals on the same level as humans. We are all animals, after all. Many times I think humans are actually less intelligent and advanced than animals. I don't see my cats running around blowing each other up over some worthless strip of land or holding each other hostage. But, that is another thread entirely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

widow,
I think my last sentence and your last paragraph tells us exactly where we disagree. And like you said that is another thread entirely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Good gravy have you looked at the clock. What are we doing up this late anyway? This new pain killer I am on keeps me awake instead of putting me to sleep. I think I will ask the doctor to change it or at least give me something different to take at night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif.

flashlight_widow

Enlightened

I have a close friend who feels the same way about animals. She loves them dearly but does not put them on the same level as people. I guess in some ways I do, so yes, I can understand that difference. And yes, that *is* another thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't have children so maybe my pets are my children! (Also another thread!)

No idea why I'm still up and clacking away here on CPF at 2:30 on a Sunday morning!

flashlight_widow

Enlightened

Oh, I just wanted to add that I am not a crazy cat lady. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

It is 3:30am here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
flashlight_widow said:
Oh, I just wanted to add that I am not a crazy cat lady. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
HaHa I believe you. I do know one though. This lady built a house for her cats that cost over $20,000. All that for 6 cats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

As others said, different times and places make a difference. When I was young the family pet was hit by a car. He was in dreadful pain and was not going to make it. Dad opted to "end his misery" with a .22 rifle. The vet would have taken an hour to get to his office, and the dog probably would not have lasted that long. We lived in a rural area, and this was 40 years ago.

I've outlived many pets, and it hurts my heart every time one dies or has to be put down due to injury or painful terminal illness.

As someone posted, some people view pets as property, and others as people. My grandfather worked a farm and understood his position in the food chain. He also took good care of his property and did what was necessary as humanely as he could.

To bring it full circle, the guy killing his puppies may have had a reason for his choice, but I would never choose it. I do like the poetic justice of the whole thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm glad he wasn't killed.

Daniel (I'm done rambling now)