god im stupid

LRJ88

Enlightened
C'mon guys, get out of the gutter.
I could have sworn i saw a young boy there, he was starting to foam in the heat.

On a more serious note though this thread and their ilk do nothing to help the OP, i'd even go so far as to say that Raggie would even need more help sticking to the right track than being encouraged for anything, something that occurs in many of these.

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
I may be the outlier here but our HOA is pretty good now. I think it all depends on the board and the company they hire; ours was awful before we switched management company's. We live in a community of about half single family homes and half townhomes. We have separate HOAs but because the pool and recreation building are shared, we pay a bit to the "Master HOA". We bought a townhome almost three years ago - the HOA takes care of the yard and is responsible for the roof and exterior walls. The original management company was horrible - zero response to communication and zero answers when they attended meetings. Finally our board had had enough and we switched companies. Now our stuff gets taken care of quickly, they are super responsive to communication and our fees actually went down ($12 a month, but hey - every bit helps!). Our board is pretty good now too, but as with anything, it's hard to get people to come to meetings, so they get what they get. The Masters still do stupid things, like placing No Parking signs on city streets to attempt to cut down on street parking (we had an energetic conversation about that during our last meeting and, poof! All the signs went away) but all-in-all we're pretty satisfied. And they did put a new roof on our house last year, so that's a $25000 saving right there!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Unfortunately, when someone moves in, it's a crapshoot which type of HOA they'll get.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
feels weird being so much younger then the others btw most have just to me to ignore the idiots lol one guy been here for decades he is like royalty here

Monocrom

Flashaholic
feels weird being so much younger then the others btw most have just to me to ignore the idiots lol one guy been here for decades he is like royalty here
Heck, if I was treated like royalty somewhere, I'd live there 'til I died of old age.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
he is real nice he has my back and many others do i think i freak a few out becuase i drive motorcycle and no car even thou my motorcylce is uber quiet and i now keep it under 10 mph on the street in my community

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well, it certainly doesn't have to be a crapshoot. All one needs to do is ring a few doorbells, introduce yourself as a potential neighbor, and ask some questions.
So this guy pulls up on a motorcycle pulling a kayak and a buncha other stuff, knocks on a door of Mr and Mrs John Q Retiree and says "what's it like here?" The next thing you hear is Mrs Retiree telling Mr Retiree "step aside John I've got this, you go call the HOA hotline".....as she points a .44 at ole Raggie.

So this guy pulls up on a motorcycle pulling a kayak and a buncha other stuff, knocks on a door of Mr and Mrs John Q Retiree and says "what's it like here?" The next thing you hear is Mrs Retiree telling Mr Retiree "step aside John I've got this, you go call the HOA hotline".....as she points a .44 at ole Raggie.
+

Most people do not like strangers coming up to their door asking questions.
Monocrom had a valid point yesterday.

Well, for Pet's sake, go to the local cafe or watering hole and observe. Buy the guy next to you a beer and strike up a conversation. Walk down a couple of streets smile and wave to people you see. If they smile and wave back, strike up a conversation.:banghead:

Did someone pee in you guys' Cheerios, or do ya just have a need to be contrary? :rolleyes:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

" ring a few doorbells " was the wording

I can't ever remember eating a breakfast lol

+

" ring a few doorbells " was the wording

I can't ever remember eating a breakfast lol

Still, perhaps offering a better method would be more productive, not to mention friendly and helpful. You know, the CPF Way? :lovecpf:

Case in point - Whenever I need to ring the doorbell of a stranger's house, I do so, then take five or more steps back away from the door or even all the way off the porch. That way the occupant views me as less of a threat.