Introducing... the EverMag!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
bad roth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

well a lot of time elapsed between when i read the initial post and when i posted about the nihm battery, and i've got one of the worst memories around...

greenLED

Flashaholic
:laughing: I just had to bump this thread. It's probably one of my favorite ones on CPF (for the ingenuity of the mod, as well as the style of writing).

Master Milky, will this work on a 1xAA minimag, or does the host require special dimensions?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
:laughing: I just had to bump this thread. It's probably one of my favorite ones on CPF (for the ingenuity of the mod, as well as the style of writing).

Master Milky, will this work on a 1xAA minimag, or does the host require special dimensions?

WOW! Took an entire MONTH to notice you'd posted here. :huh:

Thanks Greenie, much belated of course! Appreciate the kind words. :eek:

Yes, this will work on a 1AA Minimag although I think you'd need to make a couple tweaks. The stock bulb post is 1/4 inch tall and a typical PR-based bulb will have roughly 1/2 inch below the flange, maybe a little more depending on side of the solder blob at the bottom... so you need to find an extra 1/4 inch of room in the tube. A fellow CPFer farther up the thread suggested lowering the tailspring, although I'm not sure if that would give you enough additional clearance... and it doesn't help you with something like a Kroll switch.

With Kroll, you can remove the main spring entirely and allow one of the side springs to make contact with the bottom of the AA cell... I'd posted a thread about this "Kroll shorty" a LOOOONG time back! :eek:oo:

Barring this, you could go to someone like Ledean and ask for a 2xCR2 MiniMiniMag... 2xCR2 is a little longer than a single AA cell, so that would give you a bit of additional space, too. :)

BTW, not all EverLEDs can run on a single AA cell, so you ought to test the cell first. But there are alternatives... for example, one of Lambda's SMJ-PR bulbs WILL run on a single AA cell... not as bright as 2AA, but it does indeed work! Plus the runtime would be absolutely INSANE, MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA... (clouds form, and a bolt of lightning illuminates the distant, ravaged landscape.) :mad: :naughty:

img-mrblue-mmm-evermag-beams-fun.jpg

(A little Photoshop fun above!) :laughing:

Last edited:

vortechs

Enlightened
Walt175 said:
Only if you have THE RING! :crackup:

Three rings for the HID kings, under the sky,
Seven for the lathe lords, in their halls of stone,
Nine for mortal modders, doomed to die,
One for the Milky Lord, on his dark throne,
In the land of corridor, where the beamshots lie,

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness... blind them!
In the land of corridor, where the beamshots lie,

Illum

Flashaholic
Quite admirable talent you got there vortechs...

impromptu poetry is something I probably will not be able to do for probably this lifetime...

but when your in love...everything about poetry just seems easier...