Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
my lame and likely wrong guess is: with the Vegas knob, you can program the modes in random order. So you can have say 3300mAh on 1 and say 320mAh on 2 and whatever your heart desires? Like the TriV with Vegas.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
my lame and likely wrong guess is: with the Vegas knob, you can program the modes in random order. So you can have say 3300mAh on 1 and say 320mAh on 2 and whatever your heart desires? Like the TriV with Vegas.

The order is not random . . . but what order am I talking about? :popcorn:

Let me ask the question this way. How many different ways can you think to input 2005 as you are keying this number in?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

But you can do that with the earlier versions of Spy. I could have sworn I've programmed an "HML" setup on my spy before.

So from hint #2, I'm going to take that 4 5 6 1 2 3 has something to do with the easter egg. If not that sequence, then either 1 2 3 4 5 6 or 4 5 1 2 3 6. Or maybe all three sequences?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
The order is not random . . . but what order am I talking about? :popcorn:

Let me ask the question this way. How many different ways can you think to input 2005 as you are keying this number in?

There are 21 ways of programming the value 2005.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
And just when you've finally, FINALLY seen the best, Dave "bests" it!! You've always been the leader of the pack! Amazing here in pictures, so much more so in the flesh!! Congrats on being at the peak! I wanna!!
Good to see you and thanks for having us all--like old times!!

Karl

Great post, and fabulous light. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Inspiring work, Data!

An unrelated question, letting me know that I am apparently out of the smart watch technology, what watch, and what (app) are you using to obviously control your video recording with it?

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great post, and fabulous light. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Inspiring work, Data!

An unrelated question, letting me know that I am apparently out of the smart watch technology, what watch, and what (app) are you using to obviously control your video recording with it?

Thank you for your kind comments.

The watch is part of the Sony Action Cam HDR-AZ1VR. This camera optionally comes in a kit with the Live-View Remote. I have had it for a while now and I find it to be very good. The camera has a clip for holding the camera to the side of a baseball cap.

Cheers
Dave

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying that the way we register the place value is considered a different way? i.e. P5 -> P1 is different than P5 -> P4. If that's the case, then there's a WHOLE LOT MORE than 21 ways to program 2005.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying that the way we register the place value is considered a different way? i.e. P5 -> P1 is different than P5 -> P4. If that's the case, then there's a WHOLE LOT MORE than 21 ways to program 2005.

No, I am not saying that. I was just wondering how you got to 21. How would you do it even two different ways?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are very close, so here is the final hint required to solve the puzzle.

Hint #3

The algorithm in the STFu processor that is adding up the milliamps as you put them in does not care what order you put the digits in.

But the Easter egg algorithm does care! :whistle:

Cheers
Dave

Thud1023

Enlightened
Ok, I'm not sure what I programmed in, but I can feel the level changes now.. I won't say too much so I don't spoil it. Also not sure which easter egg this is..