Is there a rechargable Led Light with 150+lumens and 5+ hr runtime?

ptolemy

Enlightened
Are you even reading the replys? Premade solutions ARE available. They were recommended numerous times above.
hi, you are right, i already bookmarked malkoff's drop in.

i was more curious about justin case's comments. i was wondering how it compares to malkoff, for its quite a bit more work and probably something thats beyond me

right now, i am thinking of getting the mglite 6d, malkoff 6d dropin... 12 x 10,000 mah nimh recharg d cells...

anything else i need to complete my mod? thanx for the patience and help ;)

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The underdriven P7 will be a little brighter and a little more efficient. The end result is a brighter, cooler running, longer running mod based on the P7.

If the P7 and P4 are each driven at 1000mA, I would expect about 100 more emitter lumens from the P7 and a power consumption of about 3.0W for the P7 vs 3.4W for the P4. But the Malkoff Mag drop-ins are driven at 1100mA, which is slightly overdriving the P4. Based on my extrapolation of the P4 datasheet graph for relative luminous flux at 1100mA drive current, and assuming the U2 flux bin, I think that the P7 still has about 70-80 emitter lumens more output. The power consumption of the Malkoff unit is about 3.7W, or about 23% more than for the P7. That could drop run time below your 5 hr figure if you use the P4 C Mag Malkoff drop-in in a 4C Mag. For any of your other Mag configurations, you should easily run longer than 5 hr for either emitter.

Last edited:

ptolemy

Enlightened
The underdriven P7 will be a little brighter and a little more efficient. The end result is a brighter, cooler running, longer running mod based on the P7.

If the P7 and P4 are each driven at 1000mA, I would expect about 100 more emitter lumens from the P7 and a power consumption of about 3.0W for the P7 vs 3.4W for the P4. But the Malkoff Mag drop-ins are driven at 1100mA, which is slightly overdriving the P4. Based on my extrapolation of the P4 datasheet graph for relative luminous flux at 1100mA drive current, and assuming the U2 flux bin, I think that the P7 still has about 70-80 emitter lumens more output. The power consumption of the Malkoff unit is about 3.7W, or about 23% more than for the P7. That could drop run time below your 5 hr figure if you use the P4 C Mag Malkoff drop-in in a 4C Mag. For any of your other Mag configurations, you should easily run longer than 5 hr for either emitter.

ok ic now. basically your mod would be more efficient, more powerful but requires quite a bit of work (for me) while malkoff is just a drop-in

thank you for the help! :)

edit: just spoke with Gene, he was extremely helpful, so I think I will finalise things next week
thank you all for the help!

Last edited:

Latest posts