Is this a good knife?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Dirty Bob,

The Chinook would be an excellent choice. I hadn't considered that one.

I think I need to correct something I said in my earlier post regarding Strider knives - actually more about Mick Strider than the products themselves. I feel like a real chump having believed that that man was a combat veteran or was in some kind of "ops". He is neither and has pulled a fast one. I have to admit the mystique of having the same gear as the special forces is appealing to me but what would this guy know about that?

I got snookered. Frankly I'll just keep and enjoy my Emerson. I am very disppointed in Mick Strider.

Spalding,

I too am disappointed in Mick Strider for the unbelievable lies, and the misleading of people that purchased his knives. My Uncle was a US Army Special Forces Green Beret, and was killed by the VC in Vietnam in 1967, so I have no respect for this man.

I have been thinking about giving my Strider knives to a local soldier heading for Iraq. I will not sell them, or give away to a collector.

Spalding, at least I am not alone in feeling like a sucker because of Strider.

Best,

RL

Spalding

Newly Enlightened
Redled,

Though a generous offer, I would think a real soldier would be terribly insulted to be given a knife associated with a person who fabricated stories about his military service for the purpose of selling knives. Perhaps you should take your Striders to a knife show and sell them to a Strider groupie instead?

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I love my Emerson and will recommend the brand to anyone.

I think the drop in popularity might have to do with the limited choice in blade shapes. Sure they offer a few, but the most popular blade shapes like drop point and spear point are not offered anymore.
I bet that if Emerson released a fairly small edc-able folder with a drop point, plain edge blade and their wave option, they would have an instant hit.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Spalding,

I will get rid of them one way or another. The thrill of Strider ownership is gone.

With the country at war, I can in no way enjoy these knives, not after what Mick Strider did to dishonor our military, and all of America.

He is nothing in my book.

RL

Last edited:

flash_bang

Enlightened
Can a mod please close this thread? I'm sick of threads being started for innocent reasons end up being *******ized by some idiots that think the way they think is the way everyone should.

Any mods? Please?

Spalding

Newly Enlightened
Redled,

In a way I'm sorry that the truth about Mick Strider came out. I felt silly having fallen for his stories and fabrications. I thought he was some kind of combat veteran. After all, he said he was!

What really gets me is there's still folks who worship this guy and think he can do no wrong. Perhaps they have the same faith in Mick Strider (AKA-Mickey Ray Burger) that I had in GI Joe when I was a little boy!

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Not to defend Mick Strider, but is he really the first manufacturer that lies about something to increase sales? Yes, what he did was wrong, very wrong, but does that change anything about the quality of his products? I don't think so, good product, not so good salespitch. Nothing more nothing less...

Now lets keep things on topic....