It's a boy!!

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't had internet access for a while, so I apologise that this might be a little delayed, but I wanted to show off some pictures of my new son!!

Here are the vital statistics (for those allied with the imperial forces, I've got things in brackets).

Birth: 21:43 on Thu 12 Jan 2006 (our 4th wedding anniversary!)

Length: 51.5cm (20.25in)

Weight: 3900g (8lb 10oz)

Head diameter: 38cm (15in)

Rebecca was induced into labour at 08:30 that morning, so labour proper was about 13 hours. She had an epidural at around midday, mainly because her blood pressure was getting a bit out of control. When the time came, Miles Henry Woodburn Hooley was born normally, and I was able to help pull him out, which was quite exciting! I assume they would have asked me if I wanted to cut the cord, but I wanted to be sure, so while the midwife was clamping it, I simply picked up the scissors. :p

They must have been very happy with him, because they handed him to us and let us cuddle him, wrap him and put him in the cot while we went and washed up, and they were happy to leave him with us for about two hours. Of course, they then wanted to weigh him and give him a couple of injections, but he was not sick or jaundiced or anything. A real blessing!

Anyway, the part you've probably been waiting for: some photos. Censored where appropriate, but I assure you, he is a boy; it wasn't just the cord!

Come to think of it, he does look a little bit yellow in that last pic, but he didn't look it at the time, and the medical staff all said he was fine.

He just lost the last bit of his umbilical cord today. It just came off when I was changing his nappy. I assured him that it's possible to get through the rest of life without one.

Of course we give thanks to God for providing us with such a beautiful little boy, and we pray that He will give us the strength and wisdom to bring our son up in the best way possible.

Best regards

Dad … um, Stanton that is :D

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrats!! You might want to get that planet looked at, though, rings can't be good at that age ;)

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations!

It's the first time I see 5 pictures on CPF with only 1 flashlight :p

raggie33

*the raggedier*
awe nice baby bindi i was wondering wher eya was at i bet ya dont sleep as good any more

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
He's awesome!
Word to the wise, you'll hear it 1000 times, and for good reason..
Spend every second you can enjoying him, they grow fast, way, way too fast. :)

MoonRise

Enlightened
Congratulations! Wow, 8 lb 10 oz, that's a pretty big boy. Best wishes and good health to Mom, baby, and Dad too.

B@rt

Flashaholic
babyrattle.jpg
:party:

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
congrats

Word of advise (besides the appreciate him all you can) - sleep when he is sleeping - just do it

Topper

Flashaholic*
Enjoy the first few years as at this point there is nothing he can do to you or on you that will not wash off. I guess I missed His name unless it is Saturn.
Topper

Last edited:

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrat... cute baby!
proud dad with his Billabong shirt! lol
he's got a ring around uranus!
when he's older he'll thank you for putting him in that girly tanktop! (last pic)