Its official. I'm a C2-HA addict.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
17650 should be fine.

18650 requires boring but leaves the tube way way too thin at the grip ring so it's not reliable anymore!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
17650 should be fine.

18650 requires boring but leaves the tube way way too thin at the grip ring so it's not reliable anymore!

My M3 (actuallyL6 body) and an A19, and A14, were bored out for LG 18650 size, not protected cells like Pila 18650 which are larger diameter. Glad I stopped there and did not open up more for protected size.

Bill

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Yeah I forget about unprotected cells, I'm too lazy to use them responsibly.

Actively trying NOT to explode these days. Must be getting old before my time.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well here is my latest. Early SF Centurion HA. Is there an earlier version than this? with noticeable style differences?

dsc0848tc0.jpg

dsc0849pr7.jpg

Notice that it doesnt have the third flat.
dsc0850qt1.jpg

dsc0847hm1.jpg

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Ok...I missed this thread when it originally started. So I'm going to try to remember all of my questions from reading this thread for the past 1/2 hour.

De Fab: Where are you getting the camo anodizing done???

Sgt Led: Tritium inserts! You my friend are a bigger gear nerd than me! I mean that as a complement! Did you think that up or did you see it somewhere!?! THAT IS VERY COOL! Could you possibly post a step by step with pictures for those of use who are not as mechanically inclined as you! That seriously is so cool! How difficult is it and where do you find the materials?

Solscud007: I love seeing my old GG&G Tactical Impact Device on your Strider M2. That is a fitting place for it! If that thing could tell stories you would be in awe!!!

And for whoever had the C2-CJ....what is that! I think I covered everything.

Oh wait...I also saw the lanyard thread from Tekno Cowboy! That is extremely cheap. I almost bought one from Wilson Combat and it was significantly more expensive. Tons of great information!

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul, Here is the C2-CJ

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2643583&postcount=347

It is a limited production made in sometime in 2001-2003. Not sure, going on info from Tempest.

If you are refering to DaFAB's Camo C2 and E2 then those are not custom annodizing. those were made by SF. Go look at every page in the rare/unusual Surefire thread in the collection section of the boards. lots of cool stuff to drool over. Like these, which are owned by size15's i believe.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1463768&postcount=9

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Alright...that thing is sick!! Probably a stupid question but was does the "CJ" refer to? That thing is just awesome! Kind of a modern woodland camo with a bit of weirdness added! I like it!!

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright...that thing is sick!! Probably a stupid question but was does the "CJ" refer to? That thing is just awesome! Kind of a modern woodland camo with a bit of weirdness added! I like it!!

I believe the "CJ" refers to "Jungle Camo", but the wrong way around for some reason :thinking:. "Camo Jungle"...

Regards,
Tempest

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep. that is how I understand it as well.

Oh also I just noticed, yesterday, that the old Centurion has mold/machining changes in the tailcap. Just like the round 6Ps the tailcap not only says "Laser Products" but it also does NOT have the two shallow channels above and below the knurling.

As seen here . . .
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/tazambo/cpf_switches/SF_Z41_HA.jpg

from the tailcap list thread. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172202

So what would that Centurion Tailcap be called then?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep. that is how I understand it as well.

Oh also I just noticed, yesterday, that the old Centurion has mold/machining changes in the tailcap. Just like the round 6Ps the tailcap not only says "Laser Products" but it also does NOT have the two shallow channels above and below the knurling.

As seen here . . .
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/tazambo/cpf_switches/SF_Z41_HA.jpg

from the tailcap list thread. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172202

So what would that Centurion Tailcap be called then?

I don't know it's part# but I think it is the Non-Lock-Out-Tail-Cap
I just looked through all my tailcaps and found I have 9 different versions of this tailcap, but only one in HA...all others are black accept for the OD Green one on my 3P.
I also noticed non of mine have the detent on the bottom of the tailcap like yours and all mine have the larger buttonhole....:thinking:..HAHA!!:crackup:

This one has a very strange glossy HA finish..

012-1.jpg

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D The Best Single Mode Light?

I just took the P60 lamp out of a C2-HA I was keeping in storage and dropped in a new M60W. NICE! I'm Typing by flashlight right now as I decided to try that big honkin' Z48 again since like having the tail stand capability. My JetBeam III-M-w might be just a bit jealous, but it knows it's loved too.

My new M60 (non W) with less than 5mins runtime will have to go on B/S/T. I was pretty sure I would be happy with the M60W, but I needed to test it for myself. I'm surprised that there is not more difference, the M60 has a pretty good tint but since I'm more romantic than tactical I had to go with the warmer glow of the M60W.
The M60F in my other C2-HA though is very nice too, so it stays.

AA6TZ

Enlightened
I can't keep myself from owning one. I get one, sell it then get another one. This is now my 4th one. Its a freakin' disease I tell you! The C2-HA has it all. Clip. Grip ring. Endless mods. Small size. I think I just need to hold on to this one. LOL. I got a 5 mode DX R2 drop in running in it.

Any other C2-HA addicts here?

KDOG3 -- Yes. I'm but one more among a growing number of C2-HA addicts signing-in. :rolleyes: For the record, I want to COMMEND you on your superb taste in torches, my man! BTW ... That drop-in really does spiff things up noticeably. Good move, Sir!

Wishing you many MORE years of C2-HA use/collecting, that is, until you've decided upon another model that supersedes it. :D

Happy New Year! :party:

-Clive

crocodilo

Enlightened
Here's me showing off a couple of beauties. The Ra really complements the M60/C2, providing flood, runtime and tail-standing, both lights with 123 protected rechageables compatibility.

lights2.jpg

lights1.jpg

Last edited:

crocodilo

Enlightened
Found it here at CPF. Couldn't track back the link, but if you're interested just shoot an email to [email protected] and ask about it. Great service.
Shipped from Singapore, I believe, price was nice and came with a terrific tool key to unscrew the standard retaining ring. Just had to dunk the head in a cup of hot water, and it came off very easily. The new bezel fits perfectly.

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Here's me showing off a couple of beauties.

Crocodilo -- D*AMN those are indeed beautiful flashlights!!! I "second" Solscud007's interest in your C2's crenelated bezel; it really does enhance the looks of the torch ... and then some! :thumbsup: Thanks for providing the photos and catEYEJ's e-mail address.

-Clive

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the C2/M2/L5 style bodies too...:thumbsup:

Heres a new one I just added.

007-12.jpg

008-13.jpg

Almost the whole collection...I have another one coming soon:ohgeez:
002-26.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.