Jetbeam PA40 Neutral: impressions of the tint and beam profile.

Jakpro

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Jetbeam PA40 Neutral that I ordered based primarily on this thread. I really like this light. In fact, it might be my new favorite light-at least for now!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any magical beamshots of the neutral version?

I'm not really equipped with the stuff for good beamshots, but I can try one with my iPhone tonight and see what I get... It probably won't be pretty, but I might be able to do something that looks close to what I see. I'll see what I can do, and make a post later tonight.

Quality

Newly Enlightened
tam took some beamshots too. They are in selfbuilt's review thread.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I'm not really equipped with the stuff for good beamshots, but I can try one with my iPhone tonight and see what I get... It probably won't be pretty, but I might be able to do something that looks close to what I see. I'll see what I can do, and make a post later tonight.
No worriee at all i appreciated greatly the time you have already taken for all us. I do love beamshots, not a fan of wall beamshots though. Outdoor beamshots to me are the most important.

Dubois

Enlightened
I took my PA40 Neutral for a walk in the woods at the weekend, along with my new ZL SC600W. For a while I was really puzzled, as I was sure the Jetbeam was neutral, but the Sc600w was much more natural. I only discovered this wonderful world of real flashlights at Christmas, so am finding out stuff all the time - especially tints. I now realise I much prefer neutral, and that they come in many different styles.

budynabuick

Enlightened
Since I have the PA40W just thought I would chime in with my experience. I just returned from Western N. Carolina and got the chance to really use the light. The beam is perfect from the floody hot spot while blending nicely to the edge of the spill. No funny tints whatsoever. My folk"s down there were highly impressed with this light. We walked two hrs out and back and I did not get to carry my own light LOL. Mostly kept it on 220 LM and still had plenty of light when we got back home. The wife accused me of extending a 3-4 day stay to two week"s just so I could play with my light (not me hehe). I expect in short order 3-4 of my people will own one of these lights. Also, I checked two sets of batts (Eneloop 2000 and XX"s) and they were both right at 50% when the low batt light activated. I love everything about this light.

Keith

2filthy3

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there has been a change in tint for the PA40W, I received one a few days ago, and while I am very impressed with the design, build and finish I have found the (N)W version to be a little warmer than I had hoped.

Compared to a T6 3C, you can see that the PA40W is a little wamer, especially in the reflection.

LHS - T6 3C
RHS - T5 PA40W

T63C-T5xx.jpg

LHS - Solarforce M8 T6 XM-L - CW
RHS - PA40W - T5.

M8VsPA40w.jpg

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there has been a change in tint for the PA40W, I received one a few days ago, and while I am very impressed with the design, build and finish I have found the (N)W version to be a little warmer than I had hoped.

I kinda like that color temperature in your pics. I have the PA40 CW at this actually made me consider getting a PA40W.
This is my favorite light. I own nothing but AA lights and just sold my S65.

Thanks for posting the pics.

2filthy3

Newly Enlightened
I kinda like that color temperature in your pics. I have the PA40 CW at this actually made me consider getting a PA40W.
This is my favorite light. I own nothing but AA lights and just sold my S65.

Thanks for posting the pics.

No problem, just note that the bottom of my two pictures is more realistic of real life, the top picture is for a comparison between two different neutral whites.