JETBeam RRT-0 Clip Problem?

hivoltage

Enlightened
Pretty sad that a company that puts out lights with the quality of Jetbeam would throw a crappy pocket clip on a new light. That just plain makes the light look cheap:thumbsdow

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sad that a company that puts out lights with the quality of Jetbeam would throw a crappy pocket clip on a new light. That just plain makes the light look cheap:thumbsdow

I agree with you 100%, but not for looks. I'm worried about function.

I need something robust for this light to be any use to me as EDC.

I've decided not to get the light until this is improved. Without the clip, the light would be hard to carry.

Based on what I see and read, without the clip installed, the only way to securely place the RRT-0 on a hard surface is bezel-down. It will roll if placed on it's side, or wobble if placed on it's tail. Correct me if I'm wrong... :tinfoil:

fishboy

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I have been browsing the forums now for a little while and I finally decided to join.

My first light was going to be the RRT-0 but like many of you, I hate the clip so much that I have decide not to buy that light. I too hope JEtBeam will solve this problem soon. Until they do, I just can't get myself to buy the light.

Greg

pobox1475

Enlightened
I've decided not to get the light until this is improved. Without the clip, the light would be hard to carry.
Precisely why I am still considering a III Pro v3. In love with my Raptor 2 after having it a few weeks :twothumbs.

parnell

Newly Enlightened
I received the D10 clip and got it installed. I bent the clip a little where the screws go in, and it now sits flush against the base. This also brought the end of the clip against the light.:twothumbs

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

:twothumbs

Patriot

Flashaholic

Agreed.

They've been developing some tread setting idea's but that stock clip is an embarrassment to the brand. Very surprising that Jetbeam choose to unleash that on the unsuspecting flashlight enthusiast. Are we on candid camera?

Parnell, nice work and a nice fit with the D10 clip.

Free

Enlightened
I just got two new RRT-O from the second batch, and two EX-10 Tail Clips. I can find no way to make this combination work. Either the new RRT-0's have a slightly different tail section, or something else is fishy, because the backing plate does not line up with the holes, due to the thickness of the switch ring.

I also wanted to post a warning on trying to bend the stock RRT-0 clip, because it is a type of steel that will not bend... until it breaks. Mine is now broken in half, so I would suggest not trying to bend yours.

.......still waiting for a decent solution for this light. I would even welcome a tiny holster with a clip on it if you guy's know of one.

Free

Enlightened
....... Well, I came up with a temporary solution, until I find something better. Necessity is the mother of invention. :)

RRT%20Clip%201.JPG

RRT%20Clip%202.JPG

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried clipping a P-7 suspension clip to one of these?

I've been struggling with a pocket clip solution for my Ra Clicky, and now I've ordered an RRT-0, even though I already knew about the iffy clip.

I just got a P-7 suspension clip today, and I really like it for the Quark 123 and Lummi lights. Don't know if the RRT-0 would be too big though.

sclemin1

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved a RRT-0 from BOG today.
The clip fits perfect in both directions, and the bend of my clip is a little different than the photo above shows.
To me it looks like you recieved a defective clip.

I ordered the OP reflector version, the beam seems a little more ringy than it should.
Looking at the LED, it appears to be a little too low in the reflector.
I can't reproduce any flashing some other thread reports.

Panoptic

Newly Enlightened
Mine did this as well. What I did was held the part that goes around the light with a channel lock pliers, then wrapped the clip in a strip of rubber and bent it with another pliers. It fits just fine after you bend it a bit, and the clip is tough enough that you don't really have to worry about squashing it while you're bending it. I carry it using the clip in my jeans pocket every day and it's been great since bending the clip.

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
I just received my RRT-0 today too. The clip on mine fits fine and holds really strong. It seems the clip problem has been fixed in this run.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
gbelleh, which clip do you have? The short one that just clips onto the light?

George

dirtybore

Newly Enlightened
Based on what I see and read, without the clip installed, the only way to securely place the RRT-0 on a hard surface is bezel-down. It will roll if placed on it's side, or wobble if placed on it's tail. Correct me if I'm wrong... :tinfoil:

I just got mine from BOG USA this week. It tailstands perfectly; with the switch off or on. Whew! :sweat:I was concerned about this as my electric goes out at the house often & I need to set my smallish lights down while I move about heavily armed. :D

Oh yeah, it will roll with out the clip if you lay it on its side.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
gbelleh, yep, same one I've got

dirtybore, you were sweatin' bullets there for awhile weren't you? :)

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't like my clip at first. As I had mentioned in my RRT-0 overview...the clip seemed to be an afterthought. Well, I decided to give it a go again. I spent a little time bending it, and liked the way it turned out. It fits nicely now and feels very firm like I don't have to worry about it coming off. Works nicely as a bezel down clip. I can't even tell it's in my pocket.

RRT-0clip.jpg

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great. Glad it worked out for you :)

Hey, I was in your area on Thursday but I rode with someone else and he was in a hurry or I would have gotten up with you for a quick visit.

I went to deliver some stuff that I sold and since the guy was a gun smith, we also shot some of his guns while we were there.

Too bad 'cause the dude that drove would have liked your flashlights. He doesn't have one decent light from what I understand :)

George

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn George. It would have been a pleasure to meet up with you. Let me know next time you are in the area. Don't get to pal around with too many people that understand the light thing. Thankfully I have 1 local flashaholic friend.