John Willis Holster For Surefire U2

john willis

Newly Enlightened
Im not sure where to post this but I'll put it here since the guy that comisioned me for it found out about me from this thread.

He ordered a battery holder that holds 4 123 batteries. He had a link to a japanese web site that has one which holds 3 batteries. Here is what I came up with.

closeupbatteries.jpg

closed.jpg

topview.jpg

open.jpg

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man I did NOT need to see that!:broke:.

I'm trying to think of what I'd like you to make me next. Ever thought about making bags and pouches, EDC style?

ront

Newly Enlightened
John, that battery holder looks great. I just may need to get one of those. Also, I like your Benchmadein the above pictures. I generally like Spyderco, because I like the round hole for opening. Your Benchmade is one of the ones that were made using Spyderco's round hole. I would like to find one of those knives!!

Ron

john willis

Newly Enlightened
kdog--You just let me know.

Ront--I made sheathes for some short run tactical knives for Benchmade for a spec war contact. I had a hook up over there that kicked down with some blades ocasionally. I had a bunch of numbered knives but out of every thing I had the only knife I got back from the x was the one in the photo. All my other knives are in posesion of the stealing little bitches that are in my old shop, even my proto type and steril strider blades. Oh well. I never used any of that cool stuff any ways. Truth be told I always carried this little bench made.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I have on of those cool U2 holsters, too, a little customized in a similar fashion like ront's ... tested it for a few weeks now ... and it ROCKS !
Finally a perfect holster for this fine light.

Great stuff !!! :thumbsup:

bernie

john willis

Newly Enlightened
As of today if you ordered a pouch and have paid for it (unless it was custom) , it has been shipped. About 20 or so packages just left and are on the way to the post office.

67chad

Newly Enlightened
Thanks John, I am the one who ordered the custom battery holster. You did a really fine job. Looks like the batteries are very well protected. I think its much better then one I in the Surefire Japan link I sent. I can't wait to try it out and my new U2 holster.:goodjob:

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
john willis said:
As of today if you ordered a pouch and have paid for it (unless it was custom) , it has been shipped. About 20 or so packages just left and are on the way to the post office.

Great news John. I can't wait to start carrying my favorite LED light, protected by a holster.

That battery holder looks very tempting also. Keep up the good work.:)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Some pics of my holster with an added loop at the top and a higher body section for maximum protection of the light :

U2holstersmall.jpg

U2holsteropensmall.jpg

And this is after some weeks of use ... still pristine.

bernie

DAA

Newly Enlightened
That is a nice holster. What function does the loop on top provide?

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Bernie,

If I do say so, that pouch looks awesome, as all of John's work does.

I have a quick question, which although the answer might be basic, eludes me at the moment.

I like/understand that have the higher body section more greatly protects the Flashlight.

My question is can you please explain the benefits of the extra loop?

All My Best,
John

john willis

Newly Enlightened
He wanted the loop there so he could atach it with a small carabiner to his gear. Like on a shoulder strap of a pack or camalbak for instance. I use some thing similar when I am using my U2 for extened periods of time. I use a $2.00 water bottle holder from walmart. Its basically a black rubber o-ring atached to a small snap link/biner.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yep :D
And ... as I mostly use the holster to protect the light in my bag upon traveling, the loop can be used to attach it somewhere in a suitcase or bag for quicker retrieval.
For this, it is also essential that the "body" of the holster is as far up as possible, even if "quick-drawing" the light isn't as easy then. Different preferences here.

And ... John included all this custom stuff, which is the best and most astonishing part here !! :thumbsup:
Thanx again! :)

bernie