Just received my Surefire M3LT. 800 lumens! Up from 400

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, I find it overkill.

LED battery gauge - I don't need it. Really.
Selector ring - nice to have, but not necessary. Adds complexity to a light I rather have simple. If I wanted complex I'd go for HDS. Surefires (to me) must have the most simple interface so my mind doesn't screw up if the poop hits the fan.
2 stage selectable output via tailcap - now this is something I like!

STILL NO "CERTIFIED" WATERPROOFING! Damnit, even the LX2 has it. I'll stop my rant before I get flamed.

For same number of lumens and a less complex UI (I actually prefer the "easier" UI), and cheaper, I think I'll pick up a M3LT soon... soon.

I don't need anything the UB3T provided. I just needed the cool factor. :)

M3LT is great. As you know, I used to have one but sold it when I got the UB3T. No point having two lights that does the same thing.

deadbolt67

Newly Enlightened
Anyone here if SF will trade in the older (400 lumen) model for the new (800 lumen) one?
I called SF and asked about getting my 400 upgraded to 800 and was told this is not offered. Maybe mine will go Tango Uniform and I'll have to send it back to SF and get a 800. Doubtful.

ghosthound

Newly Enlightened
^^

funny you mention that, after seeing this thread, I shot surefire an email asking if it was possible to send back my 400 m3lt and have it retrofitted/upgraded to the 800 lumen model and how much it would cost, i assumed it would be cheaper then trying to sell and rebuying a 800 model.

a couple days later the response I got was, send it in and we will swap it out for you. Sent it in a couple days later and after a week, i get a brand new m3lt with the 800 lumen box and all the accessories, batteries etc... I only sent in the light with the original box.

Honestly, I wish I could have compared the two side by side because right now all im thinking is they sent me the same light in a new box! hahaha, jk... I already thought the 400 lumen mode was insanely bright so its really hard for me to gauge... let me just say this, its BRIGHT.

and btw, this is one of the reasons I will always support surefire products even though they cost much more. Their customer support is 2nd to none. I have the upmost confidence in their products and their support. Plus, it makes me feel god to purchase from an american company! :)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's so unfair! :)

They rejected me outright when I wrote in shortly after the 800 lumen was launched. I can't even offer to pay SF because I am out of USA and SF does not accept orders out of the US. Anyway, the M3LT was sold and I have a UB3T as replacement.