KFC Wipes, how many, and what do you use them for

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd never drink any water in there without first immersing and swirling my glowing blue Hydo-Photon Steri-Pen in the glass, much to the amazement of passersby..

Sturluson

Enlightened
It seems quite plausible that those who take too many precautions - on the order of "there can't be too many precautions" - are setting themselves up for personal survival but genetic damnation...

Darwinian logic would argue that the strongest are those who survive brushes with nasty bugs. They pass their genetic strength on, and make the gene pool stronger. Folks who take every precaution harbor a percentage among them who are genetically weak. Since those genetically weak survive, they pass their weakness on to their descendants, hence an impoverished gene pool. Too many generations of folks carrying Steripens everywhere and we're toast.

(Mr. A. UK: I'm just having fun here, in what I hope is the spirit of the thread. No offense to anyone who carries KFC handwipes or Steripens is intended...)

TorchMan

Enlightened
Sturluson said:
It seems quite plausible that those who take too many precautions - on the order of "there can't be too many precautions" - are setting themselves up for personal survival but genetic damnation...

Darwinian logic would argue that the strongest are those who survive brushes with nasty bugs. They pass their genetic strength on, and make the gene pool stronger. Folks who take every precaution harbor a percentage among them who are genetically weak. Since those genetically weak survive, they pass their weakness on to their descendants, hence an impoverished gene pool. Too many generations of folks carrying Steripens everywhere and we're toast.

(Mr. A. UK: I'm just having fun here, in what I hope is the spirit of the thread. No offense to anyone who carries KFC handwipes or Steripens is intended...)

Well on that note I must have one heck of an immune system! As I've not been back to Hooters since training, and have no wipes or alcohol or any other germ killing items or cleaner with me, and have sat down to numerous meals eaten with my hands only to look at them half way through...

Still here and don't get sick much. I do try to wash them several times a day, but sometimes I forget. Guess I'm healthy and gross. :lolsign:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
well you all have heard the old saying;

"...take a man to KFC and he'll have lunch, but
teach him to eat crap, and he'll feast for a lifetime...!"

:popcorn:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
You Brits are a bloody civilized bunch. I didn't even know KFC had such things, er, maybe they don't have them here in the colonies.

Last time I asked for some extra BBQ sauce I thought the employee guy was going to grab me by the hair and smash my face on the counter...

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
Never seen a KFC wipe.

Why steal them and have to deal with the little foil wrappers when you can buy a bottle of purell for under $2. Thats what all the hospitals and EMT's around here use.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I happened to see a show on television the other evening that told about the invention of the wet nap. The original concept was for perfume samples to be distributed on little packaged towels. The CEO (though it was probably some employee) thought they would be a great way to help people clean up after eating fast food, which was becoming more and more popular. I can't remember how he got connected with Col. Sanders, but "the rest is history."

scott.cr,
The definitely have them at KFC in the US. When I was a little kid I thought that Col. Sanders must have invented them, since that was the only place I had ever seen them.

coldsolderjoint,
If you use Purell and your hands are coated with chicken grease, butter from the cobette, ketchup and/or barbecue sauce you will just smear everything around until the alcohol in the Purell evaporates. With the little wet naps the goo has somewhere to go.:grin2:

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the Purell and other alcohol disinfectants--does nothing to stop viruses or spore-forming bacteria. That's why those nursing homes that are required to use them still get Norwalk and C. difficile outbreaks run rampant through hospitals.

As for the notion of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger," be aware that some virus infections, including many we haven't discovered yet, are forever. They are suppressed until your immune system goes south from age or whatever, then rebound with a vengeance. Had chicken pox as a kid? You can get shingles from it eighty years later because the herpes zoster virus responsible for it never left.

Just think, someone who used that buffet ladle before you may have had hepatitis...