Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

ffemt6263

Enlightened
Jmp, thanks for the info sir.
Cuzzinken very very nice work. Ive been keeping my eyes open for a small backup size knife like this, it certainly caught my interest. I will watch you site and maybe be lucky enough to snag one if you have anymore in a week or so. (just bought a haiku last week so my toy fund takes a hit for a few). Thanks to you both!
Mike

Zen Ape

Newly Enlightened
Re: Knife & Light pics.

008.jpg

My modest collection. Kershaw Tilt with G10 done up by Tuffthumz. Azrael custom with damascus bolster and "lightning strike" carbon fiber by Wil Zermeno. Quark Turbo XL. Streamlight TLR-1 (normally attached to my Taurus PT911). The ever popular Tri-EDC. And lastly my Franken Quark with XL head on AA body running a 14500 and also has a Fenix diffuser. My EDC and a fantastic all around pocket rocket.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

c6e4c0ea-f403-127c.jpg

Cuzzinken-is that above knife you commented on your beautiful handy work? If so is the trit a normal feature of that blade? I took a look at the linked site, seems a little unclear.

What model BM is that? I really like the shape of that knife.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arg, everytime i take a peek in this thread, i go serching for knives.... Yesterday i ordered 2.:broke: Too mutch shiny, good looking stuff here:thumbsup:

Anyone got pictures of old beaten up knives/lights, maby with a good story? Could be fun:popcorn:

Found this picture form last summer. My old rusty mora gave me a scare. Was going out spearfishing, and dident find my usual knive. In a hurry, i grabbed the rusty cheap mora and tought that would work. Found this nice 7,5 kg wolf fish, and placed a bad shot.. Dragged the fish towards me and reached for my knife. But the mora was stuck by all the vacum in the sheath... Really stuck.. Had to swim to shore with the fish snapping at me all the way.. Took me 5 min on land, using both hands, banging it on rocks etc, to get the knife out.. Hope the picture is not too offencive. I eat all the fish I catch, and this is one of the best tasting ones around here :)
p1010065r.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Not everyday you get to bite into something that tried to take a bite out of you too.

But I'm confused, you didn't have a back-up knife on you?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hehe, It's normally a pretty harmless fish, but i really respect their bite force when hunting for them. That one scared me big time :oops:. I don't use a backup. Im freediving, and it's lots of current here. I always try to stay as slick as possible, with a minimal amount of gear strapped to my body. Gives less drag, "better efficienty", and better movement in the water :) That why no backup. I dont know any freedivers that uses a backup.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

What model BM is that? I really like the shape of that knife.

That's a Benchmade Skirmish with a monolock (Benchmade's name for a frame-lock). Possibly a 630 model.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Hehe, It's normally a pretty harmless fish, but i really respect their bite force when hunting for them. That one scared me big time :oops:. I don't use a backup. Im freediving, and it's lots of current here. I always try to stay as slick as possible, with a minimal amount of gear strapped to my body. Gives less drag, "better efficienty", and better movement in the water :) That why no backup. I dont know any freedivers that uses a backup.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast

What light is that in the first pic? Some kind of strobe?
That is a glo-toob. You can get them in various colors... It does various strobe modes and 2 constant modes (high and low), I have one in my car in case I break down.

biscuitbarrel

Newly Enlightened

That is a glo-toob. You can get them in various colors... It does various strobe modes and 2 constant modes (high and low), I have one in my car in case I break down.

Cool thanks for the answer. Unfortunately now I have another toy to buy LOL !