Krill or Glo-toob?

Malpaso

Enlightened
What makes one better than the other? I've seen good reviews on both. I was leaning toward the Krill due to AA batteries (didn't want to add A23 to my stash) but now I hear Glo-toob is supposed to be coming out with an A123 model.

barkingmad

Enlightened
Why would a Glo-toob need to use A123 batteries - do you mean CR123A size batteries?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Nope, not a typo.

The original version Toob uses A23 batteries (alkalines). The new version (yet to be released) will use 123's.

barkingmad

Enlightened
Nope, not a typo.

The original version Toob uses A23 batteries (alkalines). The new version (yet to be released) will use 123's.

Yes - think it was a typo... A123's are 'quite' different cells to CR123A's - I would suspect the new Glo-Toob will be using CR123A (or equivalent).

speederino

Enlightened
The Krill isn't much to write home about, and only holds merit if you are REALLY attached to AA batteries. The CR123A Glo-toob will be worth waiting for.

Lumalee

Newly Enlightened
I Have both too, and unless you can still get one of the old Krill lamps with the bright red LED in the top cap, then they are pretty much useless, I found the light on my 360 to be week and hardly useable at all, great for a marker or personal indicator when hiking etc but useable light, its a no no from me. The glo-toob however is definately brighter, useable light for reading, will light up a truck cab, ideal for personal marker and visible at longer distances.

Glo-toob over Krill anyday in my experience.

Lee

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both - definately Glo-toob. The luminescent material on the Krill is quite fragile, it is more cumbersome and is not as bright or as flexible.

Pistolero

Enlightened
My glo-toob switches died.
I've never cared for the UI on the FX. That said, I do think the 123 model is one to look forward too.