• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Large wave of LunaSol 20's **SOLD OUT **

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: Large wave of LunaSol 20's

PSM,
At the moment, there are two of these left.

W8HF

Newly Enlightened

The LS-20 was my first McGizmo. Since getting the LunaSol I have been gathering up McGizmos as they become available on B/S/T. I also picked up a Sundrop and a Haiku from Don. My collection currently stands at LS-20, Ti Mule, Ti PD-S, Ti PD-S-27, Sundrop, and Haiku.

The LS-20 is a compromise light when compared to these others. The PD-S has a better beam pattern than the LS-20 on high. The Haiku is brighter and has a better tint than the LS-20 on high. The Sundrop has a better MUCH better tint than the LS-20 on low.

That said... The LunaSol is the one McGizmo I will never sell. It is the flashlight that I carry every day. Engineering is always about compromise and I think that the utility of a low flood and decent high throw is wonderful. I have also discovered I prefer the elegant simplicity of the piston over a clickie. I think the only light that would replace the LunSol-20 would be the LunSol-20-version2. That would be a future light when high lumen high CRI LEDs are available. I would love an LS-20 that has the high CRI of the Sundrop with the lumens of the current LS-20. We are allowed to dream are we not?

Whoever gets these last two will not be disappointed.

-Charles

P.S. You may see some of my McGizmo collection on B/S/T down the road but you will NEVER see my LS-20 there!

Last edited:

Charles, you need a LS27 and a 27LT-S. :thumbsup:

Two left folks, get em while you can!
Or a Ti 27LT. :naughty: :D

I have no intention of ever again selling an LS 20. I have two mint jewels from this run and they are NOT going on the market...ever. Next to the PD, it's the greatest EDC of all time. Bar none. Folks, if you're on the fence about snagging one of these last two, you'd better get your a_ _ off and take one. I guarantee you won't be sorry.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Two left and no definite plans to make more . . . wow. One of the very best EDC's, STILL available straight from Don. This whole wave has been one long incredible and unusual opportunity. In many other circumstances, this wave would have sold out much sooner, I suspect, but either way, we're talking about the same amazing light. Still available. I wonder who will be the lucky last two? Heck, I have an urge to buy another LS20 just 'cause, just on principle! LOL!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Or a Ti 27LT. :naughty: :D

I have no intention of ever again selling an LS 20. I have two mint jewels from this run and they are NOT going on the market...ever. Next to the PD, it's the greatest EDC of all time. Bar none. Folks, if you're on the fence about snagging one of these last two, you'd better get your a_ _ off and take one. I guarantee you won't be sorry.

Mine arrived this week. I panicked when I saw only 10 left.

Neale

BSBG

Enlightened

Me three....

Mine arrived yesterday. All the praise is warranted, and the element of compromise as well. The finish is smoother than my Haiku so it feels different in the hand - warmer almost (and it is not just the ribbed Clickie body vs. the milder PD).

The low is a nice flood - I am one of those who might want it a little lower. High is brighter than the Haiku on Medium. The tint is cooler than the Haiku which looks a tad green in comparison but great by itself :).

I am traveling for the next week and will try it as my EDC in foreign lands and report back.

bust1216

Newly Enlightened

Patiently waiting with my fingers crossed. Email sent.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

bust1216,
E-mail received and you snagged the last of these.

I do plan to assemble one more wave but it is probably a couple months out. Components need to be ordered.....

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats to all that snatched up one of these supreme EDC torches. The PD/dual beam goodness of the LunaSol series is indeed hard to beat for daily carry.

Mayo

bust1216

Newly Enlightened

Sweet! Thank you Don, can't wait! Paypal sent.

Last edited:

portagee slim

Newly Enlightened

I do plan to assemble one more wave but it is probably a couple months out. Components need to be ordered.....

That is GREAT news, Mr. McGizmo! Hopefully I'll be building a bridge, so I can afford to catch the next wave. My unemployment check just don't stretch faaaaaaar enough to encompass a McGizmo, darn it.:shakehead

Drew

JJV

Newly Enlightened
Blast it...I was hoping there would be a couple of left by the end of this week when I come into some disposable income. I'll have to count my pennies until the next wave.

Jai02

Newly Enlightened

bust1216,
E-mail received and you snagged the last of these.

How many are you planning to build? Just curious...is it as large as the second wave? :shrug:

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow that is nice. anyone have any pics of the light produced at nite?

I will defintely have to subscribe to this thread in hopes of obtaining one of these lights. congrats to the new owners.:wave:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The next (last?) wave is in the works guys. What can I say, I'm working on them. If I could sing..

"Time keeps on slippin, slippin, into the future..."