last purchase and I want it to be a good one

tom-

Enlightened
I thought it was a simple matter of getting the TK75 with a runtime kit-until I saw the levels; max-great, high-greater, mid-really dumb, low-not quite enough, for us-frustrating as the hot spot and spill is darn near perfect, plus I really like Fenix.

The list seems to be limited to the following: LD 75/60-K40/50-TM16/11 and the 7G10-designed by those with common sense...

tom-

Enlightened
short list; TM 11/15 LD50-60-75

known issues and thoughts appreciated

Needs: camping/trail more of a hot spot than our great TK35-good spill with a usable lower end so as not to blind on the trail.

tom-

Enlightened
newlumen, don't know exactly its the UE. We started with the TK22 upgraded edition, got the 35 as a gift very very happy with Fenix

tnks

tom-

Enlightened
Decision made, ordered a Fenix LD60 from GoingGear-quite a bit less than what I had intended on spending, $159 and change shipping included. Pleasant buying experience so far-pleasant on the phone and answered emails very very quickly -they were the only firm that had one available so the price was what the price was.

It really turned into an ordeal doing the research the posts here helped a great deal-glad I won't be looking at beam shots any more. Will post how the light performs when it arrives in a few days.

Thank you all for the responses and help, much appreciated.

tom-

Enlightened
Found out two things; first this is a great place, second; there are not a lot of intelligently designed lights or perhaps-there are not a lot of lights that fit our needs. The ld 60 at least by the beamshots I have studied, provides a good wide center spot with nice useful spill along with enough run times but most importantly with wide levels of output.

The Mrs. was similarly surprised at my selection saying that if it doesn't let here 'see' enough I have to keep on looking-a great gal or what?

legend-agree with you on the 35ue, hopefully we have coming a light that gives just a bit more output with a brighter wide center beam-should find out soon.

Latest posts