LD10/LD20 Q5 Heads The Same ??

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there another e2 out there ?

Actually, i was just referring to the Energizer e2 lithium (primary= disposable, right ?) batteries. It was rated at 1.5V

So i can run Energizer e2 lithium on LD20/LD10 without any lost of modes ?

They're rated 1.5V, but are a little more when fresh. The few that I've had and checked were 1.7xV.

You can run the e2 without loss of modes. Low in the L2D might be a little higher till the voltage drops to Fenix's rated 3.3V.

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an L1D but I also have an L2D body. Just so I'm right here, if I had a 3.7v single AA cell in my L1D then I'd get 180 lumens on turbo and everythign would be hunky dory?

I've never heard of anyone cooking an L1D head using a 14500 cell (3.7V), but all the modes will appear the same till the voltage drops down closer to 3V.

hunhsu

Newly Enlightened
I finally clarified this matter.
Shall see how this fenix light works for me...and let the amazing burn time amaze me.

thanks lots Nake ~

polkiuj

Enlightened
You will not instantly cook it but rather cook it over a period of time. On this forum, I'm pretty sure that there are a few L1/P2 series' with burning out of the phosphor on the LED's. The light gets hot pretty fast and becomes rather hot to hold after a while. I guess holding it in your hands will provide sufficient cooling but try not to leave the light with no cooling if running 14500. I'm guessing that it will run direct drive if u use a 14500 and should put out a bit over 200 lumens out the front initially. Something like a Lummi Raw running no resistor.

As for running e2, I'm sure they are find. I would expect the e2 to have a drop in voltage when under load. But the question is why are you running expensive energizer e2 when rechargaebles are so much better!!

hunhsu

Newly Enlightened
Yes, i finally got my LD10 !
Though im mentally prepared by CPF, but man is it bright...for a AA !
I still got 'wowed' and shine the torch in my own face =_=

The salesman is even less knowledgeable than me !
All Thanks to CPF !

I am running e2 instead because i only use the light occasionally.
However, there seems to be a little flaw with my LD10.

Firstly, sometimes when i turn on the light on low, the light will not light up. It seems like theres a contact problem and i have to tap the switch to get it lighted up.

Secondly, when in med mode, the light is producing a high pitch sound..though not very loud, but its only audible when in med mode.

I'm wondering if this is a defect and perhaps i should exchange the light for a new one.

Any pointers guys ?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the metal retaining ring in the tailcap to see that it is tight. Tweezers will work.

hunhsu

Newly Enlightened
u meant the silver ring in the tail cap ? Its tight alright..however the ' whining ' continues. Its not really loud though, but when held to the ear, the med mode is the only ' whining mode '

Is it a faulty unit then ?

brite lite

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for bumping up an old thread but it's relevant to the question I want to ask: I understand LD20 and LD10 heads are equal but are the LEDs in the LD20 hand picked for higher output or something or are the produced exactly the same in the factory? I.e. could running an LD10 head on an LD20 body with 2xAAs fry the LED at all or is it safe/just as safe as using an LD20 head?
Hope that was clear.