LED Flashlight for Zombie Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
What LED flashlight would you want for a zombie attack/invasion?

What features would you look for in such a flashlight?

iacchus

Enlightened
:candle:I would want a torch.

I mean, like a real torch. A stick with fire at the end. Zombies hate fire.

Past that, something small, with just barely enough light so I didn't draw attention to myself. Maybe a Quark tactical with Moonlight and Turbo set at the head.

tandem

Enlightened
I want a real torch fueled by Unobtainium (liquid triple-oxy formula) spewing 10 foot flames, tipped with a Klingon combat head.

product_50.jpg

Oh now you are just being silly. Everyone knows zombies aren't stopped by bullets.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
for sure you'll need a UV light, zombies hate UV light.

That's vampires!

But where there's zombies, you'll eventually find a vampire... so in that case I'd want one of those big UV HID lights like in Blade...

But for dealing with zombies, I'd take a nice headlamp, like one of those new Sparks, and a bat-leth!

hotlight

Enlightened
That's vampires!

But where there's zombies, you'll eventually find a vampire... so in that case I'd want one of those big UV HID lights like in Blade...

But for dealing with zombies, I'd take a nice headlamp, like one of those new Sparks, and a bat-leth!

:ohgeez:
I was thinking of that Will Smith movie...
thanks for clarifying...
you may have saved my life.

I owe you!:bow:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snort - half-a-dozen different lights in AA, AAA and CR123.

The larger C and D lights will be in my pack.

Why? Because You don't know what kind of battery you'll find and anything that might sit in the dark, waiting to eat my face, I want to be able to see.

My primaries would be my collection of SF/Malkoff lights in CR123.

-Trevor

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you blind a zombie? If so Wicked lasers's (The Torch)
might be fun, 4100 lumens and can cook an egg and maybe an eyeball at point blank? :shutter:
downside would be the 5 minutes of runtime before needing a recharge.

So maybe a stainless Steel or titanium 4 cell Maglite type light with a Sst50 or P7 dropin might be the way to go, or a fusion36 dropin

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snort - half-a-dozen different lights in AA, AAA and CR123.

The larger C and D lights will be in my pack.

Why? Because You don't know what kind of battery you'll find and anything that might sit in the dark, waiting to eat my face, I want to be able to see.

My primaries would be my collection of SF/Malkoff lights in CR123.

-Trevor

I agree, scavenging batteries once power fails is a good plan for longterm survival.

entoptics

Enlightened
Quark AA and EagleTac P20A2 MKII

Good for battery scrounging. We all know that zombies find light irrelevant. So I want very small power in a readily available energy source.

From what I understand, vampires don't like zombie blood, so the posters who are suggesting that UV light is necessary are just plain wrong.

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
The way I see it, your zombie apocalypse light only needs to last as long as you do. The better prepared you are, the more runtime you need! :twak:

- Andy

Gaffle

Enlightened
\

That is so frickin awesome.

This is one of the roots to flashaholism. For some reason, and I may be wrong, but I believe that most of us either think that the zombies are 2 steps shy of attacking, or our world is going to come to a cataclysmic 2012 or nuclear end. Both of these scenarios would need major moon mode that lasts a long long time. I just want some major dim light that gives so much runtime its sick.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My anti zombie light is a twisty malkoff md4 with a moddo tripple (mag aa tailcap). I have removed the clicky because often when dealing with zombies, the switch fails... Then you will have to wack it several times and before you know it, the zombies has exploited the darkness and surrounded you. Im not falling for that clishe.
With this baby there will be NO dark corners to ambush me from. A moonlight mode will only make you a easy pray. Zombies lurk in EVERY shadow. Also the newly evolved T-virus zombies is too fast. You will need a good headstart to outrun them, or aim for the head. (Yes, bullets will kill a zombie if you hit the right spot. Tandem is wrong:whistle:) I have seen almost every zombie "documentary" out there.

Entoptics: According to a zombie documentary, zombie vampires likes zombieblood.
Just search for the title "nazi zombies" on youtube.:devil: I would like to have a uv hid against those vampire zombies :laughing:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a theory out there that a vampire starved for 100years or more is what starts the zombie epidemic.
I'll stock some UV lights just incase, but the book called Zombie Survival Guide.
I found incredible, great short and long term plans.
The Movie ZombieLand though funny had some important points, my favorite The Double Tap :xyxgun:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a theory out there that a vampire starved for 100years or more is what starts the zombie epidemic.
I'll stock some UV lights just incase, but the book called Zombie Survival Guide.
I found incredible, great short and long term plans.
The Movie ZombieLand though funny had some important points, my favorite The Double Tap :xyxgun:
Well that starving vampire thing is just what umbrella wants you to think:naughty:
Zombieland is a good one, you need a good light AND good cardio. The fatties are the first one to be eaten:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts