LED lantern

xoham

Newly Enlightened
Looking for an LED lantern to replace my fluorescent one which failed in an emergency.

I'd prefer D cells since I have nice Lion rechargables for it already.

Nice to haves would be water resistant (rain) and glow-in-the dark parts to find it in an outage.

Thanks.

GRunner

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I would suggest you look at the Rayovac SE3DLN Sportsman Xtreme lantern. I have a few and like that they are not to large but give off a very nice amount of light. It uses D batteries (3), has a green LED that blinks every 5 seconds to help you locate it in the dark and is said to be water resistant. I have never gotten mine wet but it seems well made.

Imon

Enlightened
I have to agree with GRunner, the Rayovac Sportman Extreme 300 has been a favorite among CPFers for a long time and since I haven't keep up on lantern this remains my top pick too.

braddy

Enlightened
There are 562 reviews of the D battery Sportsman Extreme at Amazon, it looks very good, and I have recommended it to friends.<br><br>For a AA lantern (which is my preference until I get invested in rechargeable D LSD batteries), I have been looking at the CREE 40426 110 Lumens camping lantern.

HTML code removed/ not permitted on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

bnemmie

Enlightened
+1 to everything that has been said so far. I have two of them and i love um.

BobBarker

Newly Enlightened
add another +1 (for the Rayovac)...
I have one dedicated to my car, one in the fiance's car and one in the camping gear. For the price and run time, I have never found anything better. The only thing i wish it had was a remote, we use it as a tent light. Having to get up to turn it off does kinda suck sometimes.
-Bob

Last edited:

zeroed4x

Newly Enlightened
Re: LED lantern - Anymore options ?

I also need a latern or a similar type of light that will run on both batteries and a wall transformer.
I've been looking but have not found anything yet.