LED Light for an HK G36

dcycleman

Enlightened
I'm aware of this... The MP5 counts as an SBR or AOW and is definitely an NFA title 3 weapon. Looking at his picture, it seems to be semi-auto only, but it's still definitely too short to not be an SBR. Not to mention the fact they are well over 10K (I don't know the exact price) to a private buyer, unless it's a knock-off. Now, his G36 does not look like a modded SL8, and that would imply that it too is a fully automatic weapon (also, there appears to be the full-auto indicator next to the fire selector). However, after doing some more research, it appears a real G36 is non-transferrable and therefore not able to be purchased by a civilian. So I would guess OP is military.

dude, there's no butt stock, its not even technicaly a rifle, so the sbr stuff need not apply

DanTSX

Newly Enlightened
We need more threads like this :twothumbs:

I like Hk's and that conversion is great! I only have one Hk right now myself, a P7 PSP for CCW that I am really happy with. I thought about picking up one of the recently imported Turkish MP5's but decided that my next rifle would be something in .308. Oddly enough, in my home state, the only Hk MP5 variant that we can have are the full auto ones.http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/images/smilies/xyxgun.gif SP89, HK94, et all semis are banned by name.:sick2: Semi auto clones like coharie, vulcan, the turkish guns, etc, are all fine though. Same goes for the .308 Hks like the G3 and Hk91, yet the PTR-91 clone is made in this state:crackup:

Threads like this make the international CPF'ers heads absolutely spin right off the stalk.:naughty::rock:

Anyways, to answer your question, I like pistol lights on my long guns for most tasks. Not seeing too many good places to mount one on the G-36 though, so I'd probably default to the Elzetta in the Elzetta mount or the LaRue mount. Can't really beat a 6P or G2 with a malkoff either. No real reason for the added toughness of the elzetta if the light is mounted when the 6P and G2L are pretty tough on their own. If you have a few extra bucks to spend, the SF scout or mini scout is nice, and I'd look up something called the "dangercloseconsulting" mount. It positions great on an AR, but obviously that would be different on the Hk. I like tailcap activation with the thumb of the supporting hand using a vertical forward grip for that type of setup. I'm not into tape switches at all. For pistol lights on long guns, I don't bother with the VFG and just mount it so that the rockers are easy to get to like at 12:00 in front of the front sight post on my M4.

Here are my two latest zombie killers to be touched by CPF BST forums. X200B on the carbine and a TLR-2 on the FN FNP 45.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

victory

Enlightened
FireGS, I would still go with the proven malkoff drop-in for the reasons I stated above. I'm sure the other one is quality, but on something you may have to bet your *** on, i'd take the one with a track record.