LED lights damage eyes and disturb sleep, European health authority warns

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Wait a minute..... is that the Dr Ott that has made a lot of money selling Ott lights?

CerLo

Newly Enlightened
I do believe he did finally have his own production of lights yes. They still are available today I do believe.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I do believe he did finally have his own production of lights yes. They still are available today I do believe.
This is concerning to me as I remember Ott lights were very pricey when they came out and it could mean that Ott was making a lot of money off his research and if it were found to be less of a concern it wouldn't profit him to reveal he was wrong, instead he would be encouraged (biased) to say things are worse than they truly are. I just got through reading some research about the "blue" light thing and water is blue and the sky is blue a lot bluer than LED lighting and it doesn't seem to bother folks any.

CerLo

Newly Enlightened
This is concerning to me as I remember Ott lights were very pricey when they came out and it could mean that Ott was making a lot of money off his research and if it were found to be less of a concern it wouldn't profit him to reveal he was wrong, instead he would be encouraged (biased) to say things are worse than they truly are. I just got through reading some research about the "blue" light thing and water is blue and the sky is blue a lot bluer than LED lighting and it doesn't seem to bother folks any.

Im not here to start a typing war. Ill leave with saying that there's a lot to learn on this topic. It can go a lot of ways. I hope everyone exercises their ability to think for themselves on issues like this.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Im not here to start a typing war. Ill leave with saying that there's a lot to learn on this topic. It can go a lot of ways. I hope everyone exercises their ability to think for themselves on issues like this.
I'm not wanting to start a heated argument either, I just think that there is a lot of people out there that are "experts" that may be on to something but at times because of the attention and their ego (and profit) that are too invested in something to want to tell folks that it isn't quite as serious as they say it is because it could greatly reduce their fame and affect their pocketbook. I saw how pricey Ott lights were and were not sold on them at all when they came out but I did consider that there may be people that are may be overly sensitive to bluish lights and have sleep problems with it like I think some people are greatly bothered by the old fluorescent flickering lights and also may have severe issues with PWM in lighting too. I think today most LED lights aren't greatly tilted to the blue spectrum that is used for residential and commercial lighting and that there have been LED TV sets sold with seemingly no great issues with the blue tint in LED backlights in them.
I'm a proponent of neutral to warm LED lighting as it is more relaxing and better color rendition overall but have had angry blue LED lights and using them for hours I've never noticed any issues sleeping.