LED vs. Mag3d - surprise

Zhukov

Newly Enlightened
I bought my mom a 3D Mag LED, and it does throw very impressively due to the focusing beam. Anything else, and the L2D-CE is better. That little pocket-rocket isn't meant to light up something far away, and you'll notice that the spill beam is VASTLY superior for anything other than lighting up distant objects.

Both have their place, but for most things, the L2D-CE is better.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not with the 6D! :nana: It lasts for hours and still maintain a high brightness. Plus I use mine intermittently, about a couple of minutes everyday, so it's very bright every time I turn it on. :party:Well David, I don't have an integrating sphere, but from an educated observation my 6D with XENON bulb puts out more light than my Surefire U2, and smokes it at a distance - I use it occasionally to light up wolves about 150 yards away. :nana: So I think it's about 200 Lumens (less 33 from the MFG claim)

My Rebel aspheric modded mag will outthrow that piece of crap by a wide margin. On 3 AAs.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
time for my Cree eats it-pic :)

left, at front wheel: Fenix L1D,
middle: Cree P4 @ ~900-950 mA w. Sandwich Shoppe McR 19 mm reflector
up middle, that brown dot: Mag 2D with fresh batts

dist. lamps <-> wall ~ 10 meters

i'll take the "medium flood, lighting everything up"-beam of the led any time, compared to the "5-10 meters more distance"-dot of a totally focused Mag,
let alone the size difference (the cree is inside a SF 6P running on an 18650 --> 2+ hours full power)
throwers are nice, but somewhat a very limited application

anfwze53b5281js6s.jpg

davidt

Enlightened
There's a separate light at the front wheel? I thought there were only two lights. The Cree P4 is freaking incredible.