Lets see your Mini Mag mods

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
In which sandwhich? I usually use the drivers from the Sandwich Shoppe.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
The first Cree sandwich next to the Seoul sandwich & in the HA-NAT Mag is using a GD917. The second Cree sandwhich shown by itself is using a 1A FLuPIC.

The original post for them is here. The GD driver can be purchased from the Shoppe & the FLuPIC can be purchased from TnC.

egg123

Newly Enlightened
im new to this site and just getting started with lights and i needed some insight. I saw your mini mag mods and liked what i saw.

what would you suggest if i was interested in something putting out around 200 lum but only about 2 1/2 inches long. i have some ideas and was wondering if i could send you some stuff i drew up..

The Dane

Enlightened
I did a *******.

Reflector from DX
Cree Q5
Switch from DX in tailcap
Homemade heatsink
Cut down to 1AA 14500LiPo

DSCN2514.jpg

DSCN2515.jpg

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
The Dane, would you mind explaining what you did to put a switch in the tailcap? More pictures wouldn't hurt either! :D

I really like the home-made tailcap and all, I'm assuming this is a direct drive setup?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cr123 that is sick, did you have to bore the body at all?

The body is bored out up to the point where the 'O' ring is on the outside. Also - I had to add an insert to the tailcap and re-thread that as well. The body is much thinner that the original.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that is really cool! What are you using for a bulb/LED?

I just have a standard bulb in that light. It was just an exercise in machining to see if I could do it. The interesting thing about it. I can remove the spacer and it is the same size as a cutdown mini for a single AA battery.

I could put any set up that would work with a CR123 battery.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need some help thinking of a switch to use for my AAA minimag. Anybody have any suggestions? major limitation is that I have access to only very primative machinery (read:"Dremel"). Worst-case I'll just unscrew the cap or something, but it would be nice to have an actual switch (do magnetic fields go through aluminum? and can reed switches handle enough amps?)