LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V2.1 !!

Simplicity05

Newly Enlightened
Re: LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V1.6 !!

I haven't read through the whole post, but can't tactical mode be used in the CUI once activated? I didn't see it on your CUI flow chart, just where you turn it on.

And if it's on there, don't mind me one bit at times - :stupid:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V1.5 !!

Bud, you are almost there. V. 1.5 is a big improvement.

Still a couple of problems with the function setting.
1. All the function boxes: Not Used, Rechargable batter protection, etc. should NOT be colored yellow since the command here of 3C+PH does not SAVE, but rather enters you into the function that you are going to alter.
2. You need to show a 3C command with each of these function boxes that exits you out back to the ALL MODES box. Here a 3C doesn't discard what you just changed in any of the functions, but still exits you back to the mode you were adjusting.

Bud, I don't think you understood all of what I said in this post.
Under the Function setting: each of the functions (now blue boxes): 1. Not Used 2. Rechargeable Battery Protection Function 3. Mode setting Function; 4. LF3XT Reset 5. Memory Function ---All need a 3C command to exit you back to the ALL MODES. It does this without discarding the alternations you made in any of the functions (pink boxes).

In your revised diagrame you incorrectly show 3C in each of the fuctions to be altered (the pink boxes) to save the changes. This is not correct. Here it should be 3C+PH. This command will save it and will exit you back at the blue box level of the function. Again, from the blue box level you need the 3C in order to exit back to the mode you are altering. This is the only time a 3C command doesn't exit and discard at the same time. It only exits. (Another 3C+PH here would just put you back into the pink box for that function). I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I haven't read through the whole post, but can't tactical mode be used in the CUI once activated? I didn't see it on your CUI flow chart, just where you turn it on.

And if it's on there, don't mind me one bit at times - :stupid:
It's there. It says Toggle Tactical Signal, under which is an arc with a 4C.

Budman231

Enlightened
Re: LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V1.5 !!

Bud, I don't think you understood all of what I said in this post.
Under the Function setting: each of the functions (now blue boxes): 1. Not Used 2. Rechargeable Battery Protection Function 3. Mode setting Function; 4. LF3XT Reset 5. Memory Function ---All need a 3C command to exit you back to the ALL MODES. It does this without discarding the alternations you made in any of the functions (pink boxes).

In your revised diagrame you incorrectly show 3C in each of the fuctions to be altered (the pink boxes) to save the changes. This is not correct. Here it should be 3C+PH. This command will save it and will exit you back at the blue box level of the function. Again, from the blue box level you need the 3C in order to exit back to the mode you are altering. This is the only time a 3C command doesn't exit and discard at the same time. It only exits. (Another 3C+PH here would just put you back into the pink box for that function). I hope this makes sense.

Roger that. Sounds like we are close. 1.7 on the way...

fredb

Newly Enlightened

Very nice and helpful!

I have two additions that might be useful:

1) The function mode is cyclical. When you're at Memory Function and give 1C, it goes back to Not Used. This isn't shown on the flowchart.

2) Memory toggle. On and Off are indicated by different flash rates, fast and slow. It would be nice if which was which was indicated on the flowchart.

Thanks for all your work!

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V1.7 !!

Bud thanks for all your hard work. I was mostly just sticking my finger in my ears pretending the FUI didn't exist to force myself to try out the CUI. I will admit I "cheated" and finally programmed my light today with just the manual. I swear this one if more confusing than the 5XT manual.

After this experience I am more thankful I'll have this for a quick reference if and when I want to make changes.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bud, you are almost there.:twothumbs

Just a few fine points:

1. In all of the pink function boxes a 3C will exit you back all the way to the operation mode you were altering (not just to the blue function box) and disgard any changes you made. (You ARE now showing 3C+PH correctly to save the changes here.)

2. In the Reset function if you issue a 3C+PH it restores all the defaults, and exits you back to the Main operation mode 1, according to the written manual. (It does not exit back to the function setting blue box). I can't recall if this puts you back to the CUI or not, and since my light is set up the way I want mine, I don't want to do a reset to find out. Maybe somebody else can try and let us know.

3. You are now showing the 3C command correctly with the blue function boxes. It does exit you back to the operation mode. You might want to add the word save in parenthesis next to the 3C there. Again, this is the only time a 3C will exit you back to the operation mode and NOT disgard changes you may have made in the function settings.

dirtybore

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Budman231 for the AWESOME flowchart! Thanks to matrixshaman for re-writing the manual, and thanks to BabyDoc for the tips therein.

I had considered getting this light, found the manual and after looking that over I reconsidered. I found the Flowchart and changed my mind - received it two days ago! If it weren't for Budman231, I'd likely have never tried this light - so thanks again!

I would like to ask one question for clarification though: Am I correct in my understanding that if one were to toggle off the memory function the light will power up in mode 1 regardless of which mode it was in at the last power down? And only in mode 1?

Thanks folks.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Yes, dirtybore. You are correct. That's how mine is set up.

Geoff

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Budman231 for the AWESOME flowchart! Thanks to matrixshaman for re-writing the manual, and thanks to BabyDoc for the tips therein.

I had considered getting this light, found the manual and after looking that over I reconsidered. I found the Flowchart and changed my mind - received it two days ago! If it weren't for Budman231, I'd likely have never tried this light - so thanks again!

I would like to ask one question for clarification though: Am I correct in my understanding that if one were to toggle off the memory function the light will power up in mode 1 regardless of which mode it was in at the last power down? And only in mode 1?

Thanks folks.

I am glad you are enjoying your light and finding the instructional aids on the forum helpful.

Have fun with your light. Play with it. Experiment with different settings. Try to adjust brightness settings, manipulate the modes, play with the different function settings. You can't break anything doing this. Any operational questions you might have, we all have had. Experiment and you probably will figure out the answers for yourself. You may even figure out features that aren't even listed in the manual if you do so.

For example, did you know that if you set functions modes 4 and 5 for say random strobe, and a double beacon. If you then turn those functions off because you rarely need them, those fuctions will sit there unchanged as you originally set them up. So on the rare occasion you may want a beacon or a random strobe, you then can turn on your 5 modes and you get back your double beacon and random strobe. I am far from being a genius. I figured this out playing with the light.

Final Tip:
If you ever feel lost, or you aren't sure where you are in the programming tree, just issue a 3C command and you will get back to an operational mode. I would turn the memory off, especially when you are first getting accustomed to the light. It is a lot easier then to know where you are.
In that way, you will always know which is mode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, since mode 1 will be the first mode to come on after turning the light off and and then on. Mode 2 is just a 2CC away, Mode 3, another 2CC away, etc.

Watchguy

Newly Enlightened

Are we there yet!:D

Nice flowchart and very useful to me anyway.

A big thanks to making a very good light even better.:twothumbs

Budman231

Enlightened

Are we there yet!:D

Nice flowchart and very useful to me anyway.

A big thanks to making a very good light even better.:twothumbs

There will be a 1.8 by end of weekend. I am hopefull that it will be final. If we find things along the way, we can make revisions. I think we are very close to wrapping up the chart. Matter of fact, 1.7 was the first one I actually printed...

Bud
:thumbsup:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

1.7 was the first one I actually printed...

I know what you mean...I haven't printed any yet because I see you keep making it better. I am looking forward to the final version. This is an fantastic effort; thanks!

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Budman231, I was looking at selfbuilt's review and was reminded about your flowchart again. I see you are still hard at it. Thanks again for all this hard work. I wish I had the time to do more with the manual but I am tied to a very important project now taking 7 days a week. I did want to ask if it would be okay to put a link in the revised manual to your flow chart or to this thread? I would of course include your name with any reference to the flow chart.