LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V2.1 !!

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V1.7 !!

Norm is correct. The chart where it is talking about brightness adjustments, the word should be coarse, referring to a rough adjustment.

Budman231

Enlightened
Re: LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V1.8 !!

Version 1.8 available...

Didn't do spellcheck yet. Was saving that until final functional version.

Bud

M16

Newly Enlightened

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Full program chart V1.8 not zoom to large page

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Thank you, Bluecrow. I was hoping you'd provide this once more. :thumbsup:

Geoff

dirtybore

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Budman231 for your continued refinement of your charts! For the life of me I can't figure out why LiteFlux doesn't include something like this with the light. One thing for sure, I'll bet this post becomes a sticky.

Thanks bluecrow76 - the .pdfs are great!

Hey, one other thing: I've read here about inductor whine & I understand it is not detrimental to the unit or its performance. My LF3XT has it loudly when running at 100% brightness. None of my other LED lights exhibit this. (Well, OK my 3AA Mini Mag will when the cells are almost completely depleted) Not that I want this thread to go off topic, but I thought I'd ask here as you folks in this thread obviously understand this unit. Does anyone else have this issue with this light?

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Budman, great job!!!

I don't think it is worth doing another revision for a couple of minor points that remain. Neither of the following will be crucial to a good understanding of how to program the light.

1. Norm's spelling correction for Course never got changed under ENTER MODE SETTING. The word should be Coarse.
2. In the Reset function if you issue a 3C+PH it restores all the defaults, and exits you back to the Main operation mode 1, according to the written manual. If you do a single 3C+PH to enter the Factory reset, the reset happens immediately. It doesn't put you back at the Function menu level. Therefore, you DO NOT actually enter a Factory reset submenu of other command choices-(your pink oval.) To explain this another way, when you do 3C+PH where the arrow points from the blue reset function box towards the pink Factory reset oval, there are no more choices in the oval; the light factory resets immediately and returns to operation mode. Therefore the factory reset oval should be some other color than pink (maybe yellow?) and should just say Factory Reset and Return to operation mode 1.

Again, nobody isn't going to figure this out for himself if he happens to issue a 3C+PH command when he gets to the 4th function in the function setting mode. Hopefully, he will have intended to do this, or OOPS!:mecry:

Last edited:

Budman231

Enlightened

Budman, great job!!!

I don't think it is worth doing another revision for a couple of minor points that remain. Neither of the following will be crucial to a good understanding of how to program the light.

1. Norm's spelling correction for Course never got changed under ENTER MODE SETTING. The word should be Coarse.
2. In the Reset function if you issue a 3C+PH it restores all the defaults, and exits you back to the Main operation mode 1, according to the written manual. If you do a single 3C+PH to enter the Factory reset, the reset happens immediately. It doesn't put you back at the Function menu level. Therefore, you DO NOT actually enter a Factory reset submenu of other command choices-(your pink oval.) To explain this another way, when you do 3C+PH where the arrow points from the blue reset function box towards the pink Factory reset oval, there are no more choices in the oval; the light factory resets immediately and returns to operation mode. Therefore the factory reset oval should be some other color than pink (maybe yellow?) and should just say Factory Reset and Return to operation mode 1.

Again, nobody isn't going to figure this out for himself if he happens to issue a 3C+PH command when he gets to the 4th function in the function setting mode. Hopefully, he will have intended to do this, or OOPS!:mecry:

I'll make 1.9. IT HAS TO BE RIGHT.! (It's the engineer in me)

1. Didn't see that spelling change until I had already finished 1.8. :sick2:
2. Yea the reset is tough because I didn't want to reset mine to verify. It makes sense how you state it. Color change is a good idea too.

1.9 should be out by Thursday night sometime.

Bud

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Budman, you are even more obsessive than I am to get this perfect, but as a doctor, I kind of like that. :twothumbs

Oh, and if I wasn't clear enough with what I already said about the factory reset, once you are in that blue function 4 box and you then issue a 3C+PH, there is no going back. The 3C command here doesn't work to disgard the results of that 3C+PH command you just issued. Again, that yellow oval area shouldn't have a 3C command in it.
(Personally I like yellow because it cautions you to be careful. There is no going back!)

OK, for the sake of this chart and CPF, I just sacrificed all of my FUI settings to test this. I issued the fatal 3C+PH command in Function 4. :(

What happens? When you issue the factory reset it returns you to the CUI User defined operation mode at a 50%Max output. (This is the same way the light was when you first unpackaged it.) All the operation modes in the FUI, if you go back there with 5C+PH, are now reset to their original factory settings.

Therefore, the yellow reset oval might say: "Reset of all Factory defaults and Exit FUI to the CUI user defined operation mode (50 percent output)" or something like this.

Budman231

Enlightened

Budman, you are even more obsessive than I am to get this perfect, but as a doctor, I kind of like that. :twothumbs

Oh, and if I wasn't clear enough with what I already said about the factory reset, once you are in that blue function 4 box and you then issue a 3C+PH, there is no going back. The 3C command here doesn't work to disgard the results of that 3C+PH command you just issued. Again, that yellow oval area shouldn't have a 3C command in it.
(Personally I like yellow because it cautions you to be careful. There is no going back!)

OK, for the sake of this chart and CPF, I just sacrificed all of my FUI settings to test this. I issued the fatal 3C+PH command in Function 4. :(

What happens? When you issue the factory reset it returns you to the CUI User defined operation mode at a 50%Max output. (This is the same way the light was when you first unpackaged it.) All the operation modes in the FUI, if you go back there with 5C+PH, are now reset to their original factory settings.

Therefore, the yellow reset oval might say: "Reset of all Factory defaults and Exit FUI to the CUI user defined operation mode (50 percent output)" or something like this.

All Right !! Thanks for the sacrifice.:poof:

Now we know. But at least you have a super fast flow chart to use to reprogram it... :thumbsup: Thanks BD.

1.9 is in the works.

Bud

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

All Right !! Thanks for the sacrifice.:poof:

Now we know. But at least you have a super fast flow chart to use to reprogram it... :thumbsup: Thanks BD.

1.9 is in the works.

Bud

It is perhaps noteworthy that the manual that comes with the light is incorrect. It states that after insuing the 3xC+PH command to access reset, that the light will "Exit and back to Main operation mode 1".
Anyway, we now know it doesn't. Maybe this needs to be fixed in Matrixman's manual, but at least v.1.9 will have it right!

BTW, it took me only about 10 minutes to reprogram all 5 modes of my FUI. Your flow chart did help, but I didn't look at it. How so? Over the last couple of weeks, I have studied the chart so much, it is already implanted in my head. OI, what a headache I have!:crackup:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Thanks for taking one for the team, BabyDoc. After getting mine set I've been shy about making changes. Haven't really needed to. I guess that's the beauty of this light. Still, I think I'll do a reset to force me to get more practice.

Geoff

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V1.9 !!

Wow! I step away for couple days to see Budman's still at it when I thought 1.8 was the wrap :D Thanks again Budman231 and also bluecrow76 for all your hard work on this. I only wish I had the time to put into the manual that you have on the flow chart.

Babydoc, I made changes in the manual just now as you suggested after doing the factory reset on your own light. If you think this change is clearer for the reset function let me know or if it needs different wording let me know and I'll fix it.

xpea

Newly Enlightened
Re: LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V1.9 !!

I don't own this light (yet) but I'm amazed by the FUI complexity !
The LiteFlux MCU engineer and product manager must be the most craziest guys in this industry :party:
Anyway, kudos to Budman and the testers for this titanesk job :clap:

now I'm wondering what will come next from LiteFlux :popcorn::devil: