LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V2.1 !!

Budman231

Enlightened
Re: LF3XT Programming Flowchart - V2.0 !!

Hey guys.

Been taking a break from the flowchart of late, but I plan to do a ver 2.1 with suggestions from post #113 and higher. Should get to it this week sometime.

Bud

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Very minor thing I just noticed that may not have been mentioned. When doing a battery check in CUI, it always returns to the user level after the check, even if the check is done at low or high. Sorry to add something else, but I thought I'd mention it.

Geoff

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very minor thing I just noticed that may not have been mentioned. When doing a battery check in CUI, it always returns to the user level after the check, even if the check is done at low or high. Sorry to add something else, but I thought I'd mention it.

Geoff

Geoff, technically you are correct that you are returned to the brightness level of the user mode after a battery check in either the 100percent brightness mode or in the miniumum mode. However, you really aren't in the user mode. How do you know this? Try ramping up or down immediately after the battery check. You start at the brightness mode of the user level and ramp, but the brightness level change is not retained in memory as it would be if you really where in the user mode. Or try this after a battery check in the 100 percent brightness mode. It appears you are in the user mode from the brightness level, but when you do a C+PH which should you back in the 100 percent brightness mode, nothing happens, because you really were still in the 100 percent bright mode; it just didn't appear that way.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Just did that check, BabyDoc. You're right. That explanation sounded like one you'd made before, but I must have missed it in the quick scan I did before making my post. Thanks for clarifying.

Geoff

Budman231

Enlightened

Version 2.1

Mostly changes to CUI
Minor text change to Reset function in FUI (Wouldn't Re-print)

Post 1 has low res shots.

Hi res images to follow thanks to Bluecrow76...

Bud

Last edited:

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
You guys are awesome, a giant thanks for all your hard work with this light making the UI understandable for all of us on the forum:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Budman, I think the Flowchart is perfect! Your patience and ingenuity in applying everyone's suggestions has been unbelievable! Take a deserved rest with a job well done. Thanks :thumbsup:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Dittos, Bud. Number eleven is a charm. We really appreciate your work. I finally printed it up to put a copy away for safe keeping.

Geoff

Budman231

Enlightened
In the CUI part of the flowchart, the minimum brightness modes are given as 2%. According to the manual, it's 0.2%. Which is correct?

So it's really 20% ???

I see that it says that in the manual, but 20% seems high compared to how low the brightness goes on the light it would shock me...

The thing that made me question it was they actually say 50% but show 0.2%.? Seems funny they would state percentages two different ways. I thought they really meant 2% just forgot a 0 in the tenths place (i.e. .02%).

They show in the manual ...
50% -> 0.2% -> 15% -> 50% -> 0.2%

Why not (if 20% is correct)??
50% -> 20% -> 15% -> 50% -> 20%

But I've been wrong before.

Bud

Last edited:

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Guys - the manual is correct. - minimum brightness is 0.2 %

One of the great features of this light - a really low low.

Walter

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it's really 20% ???
The thing that made me question it was they actually say 50% but show 0.2%.? Seems funny they would state percentages two different ways. I thought they really meant 2% just forgot a 0 in the tenths place (i.e. .02%).
Bud

They show in the manual ...
50% -> 0.2% -> 15% -> 50% -> 0.2%

Why not (if 20% is correct)??
50% -> 20% -> 15% -> 50% -> 20%

Budman: If 20%, the decimal point would be after the whole number. As in 20.00%, or just 20%.
0.2% is 2/10 or 1/5 of 1%. (or like above, 1.00% - but since there is no decimal, just 1% is all that is needed.)

0.2% is quite dim.

dr-ebert

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I was a bit surprised at how bright (relatively speaking) the 0.2% minimum is. Walking out of a brightly lit room into another (inside) room and closing the door, so that it's completely dark, there is no problem finding your way or looking around with the light at minimum without any dark adaption. Very useful.

I guess the Percentages refer to the drive current, not to lumens output?

Last edited:

dr-ebert

Newly Enlightened
Next question: is there a graph that shows the (approximate) relationship between drive current and lumen output for the Q5? I tried to use the search function, but it seems to search for any word in the query, not for all of them, so it's not very useful.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Next question: is there a graph that shows the (approximate) relationship between drive current and lumen output for the Q5? I tried to use the search function, but it seems to search for any word in the query, not for all of them, so it's not very useful.

Yes, check the data sheet for the led, it is on the Cree website.
What I can remember:
350 mA -> 100%
1000 mA -> 220%

djj

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Budman & collaborators! I just programmed my brand new lf3xt using your flowchart, and couldn't be happier with the results. This is one great light, only made greater by having a clear concise visual guide to setting it up.

One thing I was surprised by was the brightness of the 0.2% minimum level. It's quite a bit brighter (ie., very easy to see that it's brighter) than my Ra Twisty at its minimum of 0.07 lumens. Not a complaint, just an observation. Excellent little light.

One more thing: if anyone's wondering what tint they might get if they order from EliteLed, mine is a sort of soft warm green. Couldn't say which bin. WH maybe?