Lifetime of E2E lamp assembly?

MG_Saldivar

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased my first high end incan -- a Surefire E2E. Except for a couple of cheapo Chinese incans from Lighthound, I've never owned a serious incan before and I'm very impressed by the E2E. I don't use it too hard but I like its form factor, light weight, and, of course, brightness.

I know it's in the nature of incans to burn out over time, but I'm wondering how long other E2E owners have gotten out of their lamp assemblies? Also, have any of you switched (or considered switching) to the KL LED assemblies for the E2E?

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's bulbs are generally given a 25 hour lifespan but threads on this topic usually bring out loads of members who have been using their SureFires way in excess of 25 hours and hardly any members at all who have had bulbs fail sooner. If the bulb survives the first two batteries changes I think it's reasonable to say it will survive at least 30 more.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
MG_Saldivar said:
I recently purchased my first high end incan -- a Surefire E2E. Except for a couple of cheapo Chinese incans from Lighthound, I've never owned a serious incan before and I'm very impressed by the E2E. I don't use it too hard but I like its form factor, light weight, and, of course, brightness.

I know it's in the nature of incans to burn out over time, but I'm wondering how long other E2E owners have gotten out of their lamp assemblies? Also, have any of you switched (or considered switching) to the KL LED assemblies for the E2E?

That would be a E2L, basically an E2E with a KL1 LED LA. Very nice light, a little unique in the beam shape. It gives off a big square spot with rounded corners and little side spill. I love mine. Big brother to the E1E / E1L.

InfidelCastro

Banned
The E2E is a great light and my favorite EDC. The only thing I think it's lacking in is the throw department.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
The E2E is a great light and my favorite EDC. The only thing I think it's lacking in is the throw department.

I think that's a SF thing. They choose to go with the perfect beam rather than the lots of throw.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Alin10123 said:
I think that's a SF thing. They choose to go with the perfect beam rather than the lots of throw.

Yep, the orange peel reflector does it. I kinda wish they made a throw reflector to make it more useful when out walking the woods. :D

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
Yep, the orange peel reflector does it. I kinda wish they made a throw reflector to make it more useful when out walking the woods. :D

It wont happen with the E2e. However, the Outdoorsman series lights. I believe the designation is E1l, E2l, etc... are designed to have lots of throw with a tight beam. It's designed for outdoors in the woods and etc...