• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lights You Want Me To Mod

recDNA

Flashaholic
Is it possible to swap the r5 emitter in a titanium quark 123x2 with an Xp-l 4500k? I don't know if the reflector would work well with a larger emitter. Driver has already been swapped to a cheap 1.5 amp max 3-6 volts. LMH

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to swap the r5 emitter in a titanium quark 123x2 with an Xp-l 4500k? I don't know if the reflector would work well with a larger emitter. Driver has already been swapped to a cheap 1.5 amp max 3-6 volts. LMH

I don't work on this light either.

Light_Saber

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vinh,

About a year ago I bought a TN32vn. Great Light! I'm not sure what LED is in it. I believe it's has an XML U2 (?). If I were to send it to you what would it cost me to have an XML2 U3 1A installed? I would be curious if there are any other tweeks you have developed in the last year that would be applicable (more current etc).

Thanks.

Andre

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would gain a bit sure, probably 10% maybe 15-20% if you're lucky. Unfortunately that's still below what you would notice with your eyes without a light meter.

If you're looking for more throw consider the TK61vn V4 instead.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hadn't heard about this yet but I'm PUMPED for it after some research!
Well see... I think the 2000 lumen claim is a bit over inflated... Even with a boost driver on 1 18650 I think we'll only see about 1400 OTF for half the runtime but that's just my guess lol

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well see... I think the 2000 lumen claim is a bit over inflated... Even with a boost driver on 1 18650 I think we'll only see about 1400 OTF for half the runtime but that's just my guess lol
I figured as much but I'm all about my mule headlamps so a larger emitter has no downside for me!

A boost and some additional heatsinking and this has "vn" written all over it (mostly at the end).

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured as much but I'm all about my mule headlamps so a larger emitter has no downside for me!

A boost and some additional heatsinking and this has "vn" written all over it (mostly at the end).
I agree. I personally love the mtg2 led and putting one in a headlamp has me interested regardless of lumen

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Nitecore MT06, thats the double AAA pen light. I have a stock one and like it. But would love to buy another that has a Warmer tint (Nichia), with more output.

Whatcha think???

lumentia

Enlightened
I agree. I personally love the mtg2 led and putting one in a headlamp has me interested regardless of lumen
You and me both! But, that pesky heat. Headlights have a hard time finding the balance between having enough mass/ surface area to deal with the heat, and being comfortable/ not too floppy.

Finding a way to make the MTG2 work in a headlamp would be awesome.

Last edited: