LiteFlux LF5XT Manual - Simplified!

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
orcinus, I've done a small amount of "professional" technical writing myself...

Me, too. NASA-JSC. ;)

You sure we don't live in the same neighborhood, Zenster?

I know it isn't complete yet, but it's already good enough to get anyone up and running in just a couple of minutes.
You really need to finish it so that people who buy this fantastic light can throw away the included "instructions" and replace them with your FlowChart.

Zenster's right, orcinus. What you're putting together is a good thing -- and not in an overblown, Martha Stewart, let's-sell-more-crappy-stuff-by-calling-it-a-good-thing way. We're talkin' a legitimately useful "good thing" here. ;)

Zenster

Enlightened
Me, too. NASA-JSC. ;)

You sure we don't live in the same neighborhood, Zenster?

Zenster's right, orcinus. What you're putting together is a good thing -- and not in an overblown, Martha Stewart, let's-sell-more-crappy-stuff-by-calling-it-a-good-thing way. We're talkin' a legitimately useful "good thing" here. ;)

Not terribly far away... around NW290 & the Beltway (Jersey Village area).

And yea, I hate to push orcinus, but he's not that far from a finished product that would drastically increase the understanding and usefullness of this neat little light.
I'm thinking that LiteFlux needs to pay orcinus a reasonable sum for his work so that they can include the FlowChart with the light.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you should check your manual and your LF5XT again. For 100% the brightness report as noted in the manual and on my light correctly displays FLASH, pause, BLINK-BLINK, pause, BLINK-BLINK, which is 1,0,0 or 100%. See pg 17 of the included LF5XT manual in your box.

Whoops! Sorry!
I've just checked and yeah, you're 100% (sic!) right :)

Don't have the manual with me at the moment (i'm away on a trip) and when i've checked my LF5XT i could've sworn there wasn't an initial FLASH. But it IS there. Must've been a bit sleepy :crazy:

@varuscelli, @zenster - Thanks, guys! I think the flowchart's going to take a wee bit longer, because i... well... screwed up. Went on a vacation trip and forgot to take a copy of the original file with me :ohgeez:
I kept having this nagging feeling i forgot to upload something to my laptop before going away and just couldn't remember what it was. Remembered the instant i logged on to CPF from my phone, later that day, but it was too late :(

So, anyways, i'll have to reverse engineer the chart from scratch tomorrow or the day after that, then finish the work on that...

Last edited:

toneloe

Newly Enlightened
I think you have a typo on the output mode, PH not 2C.

Also what about the C+PH and 2C+PH for linear brightness UP and DOWN

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoops! That's why copy/pasting's never a smart thing to do :D
Thanks for the heads up!

The linear ramps will be on a separate chart, along with frequency settings, to keep things simple.

Edit: Fixed the typo / reuploaded the chart.

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:grin2: .. Hi orcinus ,

VERY nice flow chart ..... muchly helpfull.

In the future (ver1.2) do you plan to add any lines and steps coming off the *function mode* box ? Which would further explain the options ..... once you're in the functoin mode step ?

( could you do a flow chart of my Wife - so that I might better understand her programing ? )

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
@TooManyGizmos

The function setting mode will get a separate flowchart, along with some advanced stuff from the setting mode (strobe/SOS frequency, linear ramping). I decided to do it like that to keep simple things... well... simple :)

Regarding the Wife Flowchart (TM), i dunno. I might try doing a Woman Flowchart (TM), but it'd probably end up being extremely non-linear and huge :D

@TITAN1833

Wow, that sounds pretty weird. According to the manual, this should do a factory reset (from off):
1. C - switch the light on
2. 4C+PH - enter function mode - the light starts flashing once every few seconds
3. C, C, C - select function #4, Reset Function - light flashes four times every few seconds
4. 3C+PH - enter function #4

The light should reset and return to normal operation.
Under step 3, take care not to click too fast - you should wait between clicks until the pattern of flashing changes.

BTW, where did that smiling, nosey guy from your avatar go? He was much better than the smiley ;)

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will probably look a bit scary at a first glance, but i couldn't figure out a way to do it any simpler / neater than this. I may change the layout in the future.

Advanced ops guide 1.0...

click for full size

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will probably look a bit scary at a first glance, but i couldn't figure out a way to do it any simpler / neater than this. I may change the layout in the future.

This had better be good. I'm tired of paying good money only to have to wait for replacements. :p

Kidding!

Your willingness to work through this flowchart is great, orcinus. Very cool effort and I'm impressed by your work on it. :twothumbs

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:goodjob::clap::clap::clap: WOW , Thats another great flowchart for Advanced Operation , orcinus.

I'm very impressed ...... you should get a raise in salary !

Thanks for spending the time on this and showing your talants.

---------------------------------------------------

click for full size

toneloe

Newly Enlightened
On my unit, after (exit & save) in (Selected function) will bring you back to function mode, at your previously selected function. You will need to perform another 3C to exit like on your chart, or select another function.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orcinus, your efforts are greatly appreciated. Once your flow charts are complete I will print them and hang them behind my desk. :thumbsup:

:wave:

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone! Glad you've liked it :)

On my unit, after (exit & save) in (Selected function) will bring you back to function mode, at your previously selected function. You will need to perform another 3C to exit like on your chart, or select another function.

Yeah, i couldn't quite figure out how to illustrate that without making things too cluttered (too many arrowheads). Maybe renaming the function to "save & return" or "return & save" (as in 'return' to previous menu level), to differentiate it from the 'usual' exit would help.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened

click for full size

Great job. Email this to LiteFlux and get them to include it in their manual!

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
As much as i'd like that, i don't think it'd work :D
But, hey, LiteFlux! If you want me to write a new manual for ya and combine that with the flowcharts, give me a yell! ;)

Anyway, here's all three of the charts in one place:

click for full size

click for full size

click for full size

What should i do next?
A cheat-sheet of some sort, perhaps?