LiteFlux LF5XT - the ultimate AA light? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ohgeez: .. Aww .... 04org went away too soon ....

For my LF5XT rear Tap/off solution ...... go back to post 340 .

the site went down - couldn't finish it in time

Last edited:
E

eliteled

Hope I won't spoil the fun here…

Thought I should post this message and let you know that LiteFlux is working on it.

I just had a phone discussion with LiteFlux brainstorming a quick fix for this "tap-off" problem, and we might have a solution for this problem now. LiteFlux is doing an experiment to make sure the fix works. Please stay tuned.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info Gary.

So you are the LiteFlux U.S. Distributor

I didn't know.

yaesumofo ..... will be glad to hear this.

I think he didn't know either.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope I won't spoil the fun here…

Thought I should post this message and let you know that LiteFlux is working on it.

I just had a phone discussion with LiteFlux brainstorming a quick fix for this "tap-off" problem, and we might have a solution for this problem now. LiteFlux is doing an experiment to make sure the fix works. Please stay tuned.
Glad you're the US distributor now for LiteFlux! It's great to have local representation.

Besides the pressing issue of tapping off, here are some other personal recommendations I'd like to make for the LF5XT:

1. More aggressive knurling - the existing knurling is much too mild and seems more decorative than useful.
2. O-rings seem to stretch too easily on mine. It was the worst problem with O-rings I've had on any light.
3. Somehow fix the .4 second delay for those of us who want instant reaction. Momentary didn't really satisfy me as a good solution for instant on. There has to be some type of creative solution that would be better than this.

If LiteFlux can somehow address these issues the LF5XT would be an awesome light for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.