Longest runtime for budget single AA or AAA led light on low setting to be used in tornado shelter

TPA

Enlightened
Old Man post warning... 🤣 Search around for a handful of Fenix E01's and get a multi pack of lithium Energizer AAA's. The E01's can still be found, and if you search here on CPF for runtime and torture testing, you'll know why I still own a few. Bombproof, simple battery sippers that anyone can operate. They're bright enough, cheap enough, and will outlive roaches in the next apocalypse.
There's still an E01 in my laptop bag and my fiancé still has one on her keychain. Going through my e-mails, it looks like some of these are 15 years old

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
There's still an E01 in my laptop bag and my fiancé still has one on her keychain. Going through my e-mails, it looks like some of these are 15 years old
I still have several of the Fenix E01s, in both versions they released. I still think i have a couple that are still brand new. It's a great light for what it was in its time.

Batuche

Newly Enlightened
Lots of good choices here & while I'm late to the party this may be helpful for someone.

Consider two twisty lights from Lumintop, the EDC01- AAA, and the EDC 15 - AA. You should be able to get some pretty good run times out of the lowest modes, plus there is no standby drain in either model as the twisty mechanism physically disconnects a cell when turned off. I own both & believe they are a bargain. Check out the Lumintop website for more info.

Reactions: TPA

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ty , I have other name brand led lights...was just looking for other low cost budget options.
How about get folks in charge of said shelter to edc lights?
Then it won't deteriorate sitting idle.or get "borrowed"
Same with the batteries
Sucks to need it then find it missing or those duracells have all leaked in the package or worse yet in the light!

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about get folks in charge of said shelter to edc lights?
Then it won't deteriorate sitting idle.or get "borrowed"
Same with the batteries
Sucks to need it then find it missing or those duracells have all leaked in the package or worse yet in the light!
Why would anyone store a Duracell in something the want to use in the future?