Longest shipment from Fenix-store?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last order from Fenix-store was mailed out on the 13th December...I recieved it on the 30th December (17 days).

This is unusual (but not a total shock considering the time of year) as I recieve most of my US to UK orders within a week.

CFU

LowTEC

Enlightened
PM David and he says if I don't receive my light by Wed (25th day) then he will send me a replacement :ohgeez:

cy

Flashaholic
25 days is not quite four weeks, well within normal delivery times to Canada. these are probably shipped without insurance. so 4x7's replacing missing package deserves a cheers!

if you want to blame someone.... look no further than your customs folks.

LowTEC said:
PM David and he says if I don't receive my light by Wed (25th day) then he will send me a replacement :ohgeez:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
LowTEC said:

You left out the fact that usps is closed on monday and tuesday. Otherwise
I would have shipped out another on monday.

I have more complaints about delays crossing the US/Canada border
than any other international destination. I don't know whats going on, but
the canadia customs folks are taking their dandy time. Also, keep
in mind the busy christmas season as someone else mentioned.

Lowtec, we'll work it out when both show up at your door.

LowTEC

Enlightened
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like blaming David, actually he is a great help to solve the situation. Don't get me wrong, he is a cool guy and I do appreciate his effort to solve the problem for me:). I was just frustrated with the long shipment an wanted to find out what to expect that's all

cy

Flashaholic
well get used to it..... if you are planning on buying more items shipped from US. if I remember correctly other canadian cpf'er have noted shipments from other countries gets thru much faster than US.

crazy notion, but is it possible. this customs slowdown is some type of retaliation against US tariffs?

LowTEC said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like blaming David, actually he is a great help to solve the situation. Don't get me wrong, he is a cool guy and I do appreciate his effort to solve the problem for me:). I was just frustrated with the long shipment an wanted to find out what to expect that's all

daywalker

Newly Enlightened
Hi to all,

i think the long shipping time is just a seasonable reason. The customs have a lot to do with all the christmas presents.
My shipping took from 6th december until 27th december. This wa the longest shipping time i had so far from fenix-store.
Because i forgot to order insurance for the intern.shipping i already thought they were gonna lost.

Big thanks to 4sevens, he did a good job just before christmas to satisfy all CPF members, but not everything is in his hands.

Happy new year to everyone

LowTEC

Enlightened
Thanx for all the input guys.

I don't know about the custom, caz the 123 body that I ordered (also from David) was shipped within 2 days of the P1D-CE but the body has arrived days before X'mas and it is now Jan 3rd and still has no sign of the light. Btw my D-mini that I ordered on the 28th has arrived along with my other goodies from all over the world.

I felt upset because the P1D-CE was supposed to be my first XRE light and as a X'mas present, now the new year has passed and I don't think the light will be my 30th birthday present either :lolsign:

cy

Flashaholic
xmas season probably added to delays, but this is pretty typical for shipments from US to Canada. at least that's been my experience. shipping to Canada has been slow for seems... at least a year.

intnl insured shipping with USPS costs aprox $22 to Canada

daywalker said:
Hi to all,

i think the long shipping time is just a seasonable reason. The customs have a lot to do with all the christmas presents.
My shipping took from 6th december until 27th december. This wa the longest shipping time i had so far from fenix-store.
Because i forgot to order insurance for the intern.shipping i already thought they were gonna lost.

Big thanks to 4sevens, he did a good job just before christmas to satisfy all CPF members, but not everything is in his hands.

Happy new year to everyone

Last edited:

LowTEC

Enlightened
David has solved it with a quick response, first rate online customer service :goodjob:

case closed

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Canada customs has been acting up. I did a trade with another CPF member on 19 dec. My Dorcys got to him on the 29. I didn't get the Arc clone until yesterdayLJan 3.
Longest for me was 5 weeks - Sino union bulbs from Sinotone in San Francisco.

MrMimizu

Enlightened
Yup. Getting stuff mailed from the US is the worst. I've had a package come from the UK in 4 days, while a package from Buffalo, NY (1.5 hour drive away) takes 20 days. I think it's not that there is any retaliation, it's just that the mail/packages from the US is probably greater than that of all the other countries combined. Takes longer since there is so much more of it to be dealt with.

Here's the tracking on one of my more recent items. You'll see the biggest lag is when it leaves the US. Not sure how it takes 6 days from Chicago to where the Toronto customs is. But you'll note that once it arrives in Canada, it's delivered the next day. So it goes through customs fairly quickly.

Delivered Abroad, December 14, 2006, 6:00 pm, CANADA
At Foreign Delivery Unit, December 14, 2006, 8:56 am, CANADA
Out of Foreign Customs, December 13, 2006, 1:37 pm, CANADA
Into Foreign Customs, December 13, 2006, 12:59 am, CANADA
Arrived Abroad, December 13, 2006, 12:59 am, CANADA
International Dispatch, December 07, 2006, 3:46 pm, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC
Enroute, December 07, 2006, 3:45 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60666
Enroute, December 06, 2006, 7:49 pm, DALLAS, TX 75261
Enroute, December 06, 2006, 2:45 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099
Enroute, December 06, 2006, 1:19 pm, IRVING, TX 75063
Acceptance, December 06, 2006, 11:33 am, IRVING, TX 75063

cy said:
well get used to it..... if you are planning on buying more items shipped from US. if I remember correctly other canadian cpf'er have noted shipments from other countries gets thru much faster than US.

crazy notion, but is it possible. this customs slowdown is some type of retaliation against US tariffs?

coppertrail

Enlightened
I agree, online customer service is awesome! :thumbsup:

I ordred a P1D CE and an L2T on 12/31. L2T shipped on 1/2, the P1D on 1/3. I'm hoping they arrive tomorrorw or Monday :)

CandleLite

Newly Enlightened
One memorable shipment from Fenix Store took 28 days. Received others in 10-12 days.

Canada Customs and Canada Post seem to be competing for the slowest public employee award. :thumbsdow