Looking for a better light for exploring

Burgess

Flashaholic
Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

Hope you find the perfect flashlight(s) for your needs. :)

Oh, and try to post a UE photo or two, if you can.

And, naturally, we'd LOVE to hear a (flashlight-related)
story or two or three.

Stay safe.

_

freedom2000

Newly Enlightened
Freedom, I'll be taking inspiration myself from what you've done when I get my hands on a Cree MC-E, but I got the impression Mythy doesn't really want to get into that for a first mod. Feel free to put me right, Mythy.

Yes I know that this mod is not so simple... but you can find already built models with the same characteristics and around 60$.

Exemple : this Aurora light has very good reviews.
It is more or less the same as mine excepted the memory of modes which is not as good.

JP

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
slightly off topic here too... :green:

while such photoworthy places are indeed rare, i have been to some locally.

most of the times i will have my backpack with a headlamp on the strap. the headlamp will be mostly a floodlight, with the pack mostly on me the headlamp is always within reach, instantly. a hydration bag snugged into main pocket for convenience & some other belongings in the pack's smaller pockets.

photographic equipement limited to 1 cam body with 2 lenses, tripod optional, all in a shoulder bag. spare batts for lights also goes into this bag for easy access.

1 handheld thrower in holster by the belt. & i am good to go. its so tempting to convert my friends to flashaholics on such trips. :D

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the new Fenix TK-20? 45 and 150 lumen...claims are supposed to be great for outdoor use.

Burgess

Flashaholic
And it has a more "natually-colored" LED,

so that objects will appear more "normal".

Plus, it takes good ol' AA batteries, too !

(gee, sounds like i'm talkin' myself into getting one) :)

BTW, thank you for the interesting links posted above.

:thumbsup:
_