Looking for a new duty (police) flashlight

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are only 3 led lights with dropin chargers that I know of
1. Inova T4
2. Pelican 7060
3. Streamlight stinger LED

Maybe you can try a new nimh battery pack in your 9an, instead of the stock nicad pack. You can probably double the run time with one.

Streamlight makes a version of the LED Stinger with dual switches, one near the head , and the other at the tail! I am not a LEO, but I am going to get one of these at some point. I have the old version of the LED Stinger with the Lux LED, and I really like it. The new version is much brighter with the same long runtime. I was able to get two much higher capacity batteries for it also. The one that comes with it is a Nicad 1800 Mah battery, the two I use are 3000Mah NiMH.

Mike

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
K

I give up

I hate cradle charger lights

mostly because if they go dead it's REALLY hard to swap the batteries since normally you only have the ones in the light

" Oh...um.... could you wait right here for a couple hours while my light charges sir..."

Just my $.02

good luck and be safe

tekguy

Newly Enlightened
After researching some more, it looks like a light right between the Pelican 7060 and 8060 would be almost perfect. Take a 7060, add 50% more to the run time, add a low power mode and it'd be exactly what I'm looking for.

Now, they just need to make it! :twothumbs

you just described the inova t4mp. 3 hours on high. 175 lumens, low mode, charging cradle, lithium battery, bingo

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Streamlight makes a version of the LED Stinger with dual switches, one near the head , and the other at the tail! I am not a LEO, but I am going to get one of these at some point. I have the old version of the LED Stinger with the Lux LED, and I really like it. The new version is much brighter with the same long runtime. I was able to get two much higher capacity batteries for it also. The one that comes with it is a Nicad 1800 Mah battery, the two I use are 3000Mah NiMH.

Mike

I have played with this one for a few weeks and its an ok light. It has real good output with a nice reflector, and it feels solid however it has the same battery which dissapointed me. I was using it and left it in my bag over the weekend and when i came back it wouldnt even turn on. I would have thought that sure the battery was used and self drained some over the weekend but to be completely dead instead of going dim first. I didnt like that. Plus nickel batteries are bad for the environment.

Sabre

Newly Enlightened
That's close, but not long enough. It's too short to be able to tuck under my arm. I need something at least 7" (180mm) long. It's also missing "drop in" charging.

The Inova T4 has almost everything, except the switch in the wrong place.

It's long enough for me to tuck under my arm while I write notes. I didn't think it would be, but it is. Holding it in my left hand, I can bend my elbow and tuck it into my left armpit just fine (exactly like my Mag-Charger)

You're right about the drop-in charging, though. That is kind of a pain.