Looking for history of ARC 4+ SN 1299

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritium

Enlightened
I just got my first non AAA ARC from an individual on CPF. I have found all the details from ARC concerning the build of this light but it has been modded. Anyone know who modded it and what was done? I know it has a coated glass lens cause the outer coating has been damaged from "thumb grease". Any other info would be great.

Thurmond

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi Tritium, only a handful of arc4's have been modded internally. this is because it is very hard to take out the internals without destroying them. other than that most of the modifications done have been replacing stock lense with ucl lens, and the tailcap mod which allows stand on tail feature. this is when the rubber boot of the tail end is flush instead of sticking out.
you can check this out to find specifics on your arc4:
arc4 serial# data
can you contact the seller to ask what modifications were done?

Tritium

Enlightened
Thanks
The seller did not remember who had done the work or who he got it from on CPF. I have checked the link you provided and already had seen that info. It does have the flush tail end mod and the ucl lens.

Thurmond

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
the two mods of the arc4 i remember that were sold were done by 4sevens and Sengoku and both sold for around $300 IIRC. 4sevens put the lionheart guts into the arc4 and Sengoku put a UWOK into another. it is probably safe to say that the ucl and tailcap mod are the only modifications done to yours. congrats, that arc4 is one beautiful light.

cy

Flashaholic
Arc4's that run reliable seems to stay that way. Be carefull not to drop directly on tailcap. impact could smash micro-switch. flat tailcap mod will eliminate that danger.

Arc4 sure has a nice form factor, much smaller than current HDS, but not as small as Arc LSH with twisty.

it's the pits, upgrading Arc4 is dificult due to expoxy potting. simply replacing emitter with Ubin would make Arc4 equal in output to U85.

Status
Not open for further replies.