Looking for Single 123 P60 hosts

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option is:

This FiveMega single cell host. Accepts SF standard P/Z/C bezel and tail.

With this clip. Be careful though - the Solarforce L2 pocket clip creates enough of a gap it won't work with my 6P and Malkoff M60F.

I use that setup with a M30 and a SF combat ring for additional "gripability."

In the near future, I'm going to try those Solarforce clips.

-Trevor

Edit: Unfortunately, I don't know of a two mode switch that works with a M30.

Last edited:

post tenebras

Enlightened
Do we know weather this tailcap will work with a surefire C-series lights and by work I mean screw on properly and also work in the high/low ability?

I know from experience the tailcap works high/low with a Malkoff M60. I also know from experience that SF C-series tailcaps work and fit fine on the ElZetta ZFL bodies.

I don't have any SF C-series lights, so I can't confirm the ElZetta tailcaps will fit perfectly thereon.

ionizedsky

Enlightened
I know from experience the tailcap works high/low with a Malkoff M60. I also know from experience that SF C-series tailcaps work and fit fine on the ElZetta ZFL bodies.

I don't have any SF C-series lights, so I can't confirm the ElZetta tailcaps will fit perfectly thereon.

Anybody got a Elzetta two stage tailcap and a surefire P/C/Z series with a malkoff M60 or M30 that they can try the elzetta two stage tailcap on and see if it is compatible? :popcorn:

u238

Newly Enlightened
Anybody got a Elzetta two stage tailcap and a surefire P/C/Z series with a malkoff M60 or M30 that they can try the elzetta two stage tailcap on and see if it is compatible? :popcorn:
What are considered surefire p/c/z series lights? I'm kinda a newbie to this stuff. I have an Elzetta light with the two stage tailcap, and while it threads onto a 6pled and functions, it won't go on anywhere near far enough to be usable.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Example of P/C/Z Surefire's would be 6P, C2L and Z2L. Does the tailcap cover the threads on the 6P body? How do you mean not far enough to be usable?

I just want it to work with the clicky hi-low and not as a twisty.

u238

Newly Enlightened
Example of P/C/Z Surefire's would be 6P, C2L and Z2L. Does the tailcap cover the threads on the 6P body? How do you mean not far enough to be usable?

I just want it to work with the clicky hi-low and not as a twisty.

Well the elzetta tailcap is a clicky on off. You need twist to change from high to low. But it won't work anyway. Let me get a picture really quick and post it up...

Here you can see how the 6p has many more threads on the body. The tailcap also has an equally greater number of threads.

069.jpg

And this is the elzetta tailcap threaded on as far as it will go:

068.jpg

The elzetta tailcap bottoms out too early because there are only around two and a half full revolutions from unthreaded to tight compared to the surefire's six.

Last edited:

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
Thanks U238. I'm glad I finished reading this thread! I had the Elzetta link opened in a new tab, ready to pull the trigger. It's a shame that nobody else as made a similar assembly, or retrofit kit compatible with C/M Surefire bodies. It does tempt me to push one of my old 6p bodies up against my bench grinder and knock off a few of those threads.

Last edited:

ionizedsky

Enlightened
this work?[/QUOTE]

Well that was one of the lights discussed earlier in the thread and I have been thinking that might be the only option. The only issue is the hi/low capability, I don't want is a multi-mode drop. I would prefer a resistor type head or tail slight twist switching option for hi/low. With the hi tighten all the way down and low obviously the slightly loosened.