Looking for small led with throw

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I would offer the BT2 using orange Toshiba LED's. These have a very narrow 8 degree beam and are extremely long throw. I was finding that I could pick out reflective objects such as car number plates and sign boards from over half a mile away. The BT2 is compact enough to fit your pocket and is £8.00.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
My most used light is the Arc AAA on my keychain, but the light that goes in my back pocket when I venture out into the field is a PT Impact II.

Just last week I spent a couple hours spot checking ceiling plenums throughout a small hospital with it. I was verifying the general condition of the wall and structural fire barriers above the suspended ceilings. The Impact II worked very well. Pop up one ceiling tile in the middle of a good length corridor, poke my head up, and use the Impact's spot to get a good view of the surfaces way up and down the hall. The maintenance man I was working with was carrying a Legend LX. Tons more light, but my Impact II was doing the job and will put out good light for dozens of times longer. He was impressed with the Impact II.

You may want to visit http://www.thelightsite.cruxial.com/ and find their beam comparison pictures. Instead of the typical white target they have pics of lots of lights shooting the length of a 50' room. All camera exposures are the same, so you really get a good idea of how the lights compare. Check out the Impact results (similar to the Impact II) and the Arc LS results. The Arc LS has more spread but provides very much the same detail on the door that is at the end of the room.