Looking for something to use up my used cr123a's

artar

Enlightened
Looking for something to use up my used cr123a\'s

I need a LED light to use up the cr123a from my E2e.
They have around 2.8 / 2.9 Volts when they come out the E2e.

I bought a Streamlight TwinTask 1L (3LED/1Xenon) for that purpose, but found out that the 1L uses up one cr123 only to 2,7 Volts.

Now i am looking for a LED Light to use up the juice left in the battery.

These possibilities are on my list :
* SureFire KL1
* SureFire L4
* Arc LS
* Streamlight TaskLight 2L LED
* BadBoy Sandwich (to mod SL TT 1L)
* MadMax Sandwich (to mod SL TT 1L)

I tend towards the L4 because it is anyway on my shoppinglist, but do not know if it will do the job

what do you think ?

fivebyfive

Enlightened
Re: Looking for something to use up my used cr123a\'s

KL4 by Surefire website:
Output/Runtime - Maximum output of 65 lumens for one hour, followed by over three hours of useful light.(figures for fresh batt.)

KL1 by Surefire website:
E2/E2e Runtime: 17 lumens max output for 4.0 hours, followed by 11 hours of moderate output, followed by over 50 hours of minimal output.(figures for fresh batt.)

Just based on this alone, I figure maybe the Kl1 can squeeze more juice out of your depleted 123's.
Good luck.

FBA

Newly Enlightened

since you have the E2e,it is logical to buy the KL1.You probably won't have much juice left to run KL4 since it is a 5 Watt.To buy Arc just for this is expansive.Go for the KL1 .It will give you better runtime for your used cr123.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

On a 2x123 setup, what could possibly happen is also uneven draw from both batteries, i.e. the one closer to the LA might get more juice sucked out than the other. Thus, IMHO I'd think that a 1x123 setup would be a better candidate for totally sucking up remaining juice from your batts.

FBA

Newly Enlightened

yup, Stanley,you're right.Forgot about that.Agreed.A 1x123 setup is better.Just to side track off topic,(sorry about this artar),Stanley ,do you happen tolive near Bukit Bintang?

franken2

Newly Enlightened

I have the streamlight tt 1l also.
i found that when the battery was so low that the xenon bulb would barely glow,
my e1e w/ kl1 would barely glow
my arc ls first would light rather bright (definitely out of regulation). it appeared a bit brighter than the same batt running the sltt1l running on 3 leds.
for how long, i didn't check.
so it seems the arc ls does get the most use out of my particular 1x123 cell lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seems like lately, there have been quite a few of these threads. Nobody can bear to toss out those CR123 cells.

We need a flashlight with boost circuitry designed to operate in the 1.0V to 2.4V region. That really ought to drain those pesky CR123s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

With that in mind, the MilkySpit candle was born. But my personal take is to use the regulated SatCure circuit (which can take up to 3V and run down to 0.9V) to burn up to 3 LEDs in a sort of candle/flashlight mod. But I'm still looking for a suitable body to plug it all into.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast

For what it's worth...A 5mm LED will fit in a scorpion just buy replacing the bulb with the LED. The Ends of the LED must be thinned down to push into the bulb holder. You can now run two VERY DEAD 123's down to nothin'. Just make sure you get the polarity right or the LED will probably be toast.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe you would be best served with a regulated, one cell, LED light.

I suggest the ARC LS series.

GregR

imgadgetman

Newly Enlightened

I tried to take used batteries out of my L4 and use in E1/KL1(barely glowed) and ARC sls(no light). So I take the batteries from my 6P or E2 and use them up in my L4. I tried barely glowing batteries from my ARC sls and they were about 3-4 times brighter in my new ARC LSHF-P.
imgadgetman