LOVE my new AAA turquoise!

GlowBike

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine Friday from coolstuffcheap.com. Cool stuff, indeed! Smaller than I expected - seems a little bit smaller than a Mag Solitaire. And it's fantastically bright for such a small light, much brighter (and smaller) than the 2N squeeze light that I had been keeping on my keychain. I deliberately left it on for an hour to bring the battery down from its initial power, and sure enough it seemed just as bright as the first time I turned it on. I also really like having the beam wide enough to light up a whole wall, yet even with the wide beam (and even with a fair amount of ambient light in the room) it appears quite bright. Beam quality is much better than any incandescent flashlights I've had, too. Very, very impressive.

And personally, I REALLY like the turquoise color. Thanks to the CPF, I already knew it would be the color of a traffic signal, so I wasn't disappointed in it not being "blue enough". Especially due to the color, this light is visible and noticeable from quite a distance. Even from 50 feet away, it is retina-burning bright when it's shining directly at you. Too bad it's being discontinued, IMHO.

Well worth the 30 bucks. Good job Arc for building this light, and the same goes to the CPF for letting me know that it exists.

- Dan

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
Congrats on your Turquoise Arc AAA!

Mine never leaves my pocket and It always
gets an "OOOOOOOhh what's that? - its a really
COOL LIGHT!" from anyone who sees it "lit-up".

My "White" Arc isn't here yet. I can't wait to compare.

If it weren't for CPF:

1. I wouldn't know about Arc AAAs!
smile.gif

2. I wouldn't have found out about
the utility of the Turquoise Arcs!
cool.gif

3. I wouldn't have found one to buy!
grin.gif

4. I'd have a lot more money . . .
bluesigh.gif

Enjoy your Arc!!!

"Lux" Luther-an

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
PG will have my DV rank turquoise at the SHOT show waiting for me. I already have an EV rank that I like to use.
Try combining a white and a turquoise together. It's really bright.

FlashBulb

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know the status of the backordered Turquoise AAAs? I understand that EV ranked LEDs will be used. Will Mr. Gransee be using DVs also?

sunspot --
Did you have to special order your DV?

I ask because I have a Turquoise on backorder from Vicomptel and would prefer a DV ... seeing as this is probably the last opportunity to get any of the Turquoise Arcs.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The DV's are a no go. We tried to get some but stock is simply unavailable.

We did get some EVs though, but we are waiting on the new PCBs to come in. The new PCB is also holding up the LEs.

As of today, we do not have a projected delivery date on the EV or the LE. This is because our supplier is quite behind on their delivery date and has been unable to give us any sort of reliable delivery date.

Peter

Bad Influence

Newly Enlightened
Damn! Oh well, not your fault Peter. Just frustrating. I have to wait for your PCBs, wait for you to build them, ship to Darkgear, and wait for them to ship it to me.

Sounds like I may get it AFTER my birthday too. (3/8)

daveidmx

Newly Enlightened
BTB peter, i've had my AAA Turquoise for a little over a week, and so far it is without a doubt the best EDC i've ever owned. Thank you!