Lummi Raw & Wee vs. Drake & Draco

txmatt

Enlightened
I will need some help: 25/50/100 lumens?!?! Which one?! I am a lumenophile/luxwhore so I long for the 100 lumens... BUT, with only 15 min runtime, I kind of think that the tradeoff is too extreme...

I can't speak to the light comparisons, but I've had a Wee NS on my keychain for about a year and have been very pleased. Check with Lummi about getting additional pills. I bought the Wee 25 but bought the extra two pills with driver & LED for pretty cheap ($10-$15 each or something like that). That allows you to play around with all the output options and choose which one you want in your single-level light. Also, if you ever have one fail you have replacements. I think I've got the 50 in now. The 25 was fine, too. Never even put in the 100 because for occasional close-up tasks like reading, I didn't want that much light and prefer longer runtime.

heckboy

Enlightened
Here they are! L to R: Drake, Wee NS, Draco, Raw Al. I always forget how much I like the patina that the Wee has acquired from being EDCd.
DSC07349.JPG

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
The Draco is made in various different finishes. From top to bottom in this photo, they are:

TiN
TiCN
Ti (bare)

Draco-trio.jpg

Not shown here are AlTiN, Chrome or Diamond black.

MKLight

Enlightened
DM51,

Very nice, also! Quick question, though...all three heads look a little different in size. The Ti (bare) looks the smallest. Is there a reason for that? Are they different in powers or age?

Thanks DM51, Heckboy, and Applevision!
Mike

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
Thank you heckboy! I had searched and searched for a comparison shot of those flashlights to no avail. Now I can finally completely compare them. Thanks! :twothumbs

DM51

Flashaholic
...all three heads look a little different in size. The Ti (bare) looks the smallest. Is there a reason for that? Are they different in powers or age?
I'm not really sure of the answer to that. They were different batches, probably, selected for different finishes. Also, they are all hand made, so there were variations here and there. But they all work exactly the same. For their size, they are unbelievably powerful on maximum, and you can program them to any setting you want.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heckboy, how many lumens did you pick for your Lummi wee?

I'm just curious--I think that as txmatt suggested, I'm going to get another pill in addition to the 100 lumen one I ordered with the light...

:duh2:

heckboy

Enlightened
Heckboy, how many lumens did you pick for your Lummi wee?

I'm just curious--I think that as txmatt suggested, I'm going to get another pill in addition to the 100 lumen one I ordered with the light...

:duh2:

I picked 50. Works good for me illuminating stuff inside a car and finding socks in the morning.

Later,
Kevin

MKLight

Enlightened
DM51,

Thanks for the reply. I am probably the only crazy one who noticed that!?! :laughing::devil::shakehead

Have a great one! :)
Mike

I'm not really sure of the answer to that. They were different batches, probably, selected for different finishes. Also, they are all hand made, so there were variations here and there. But they all work exactly the same. For their size, they are unbelievably powerful on maximum, and you can program them to any setting you want.

MKLight

Enlightened
I've received my Raw NS and Wee NS. I like them both. I'm still amazed how small the Wee is...that's not to say the Raw is large, but the Wee is very tiny...the Raw is small.

In regards to the Raw, while carrying it, after the second full charge, I had it in my jeans coin pocket. When I went to use it that night, it barely glowed. I thought I had accidentally turned it on. After searching through threads on CPF, I read that the threads need to be ultra clean...lacking any excess lube or failures could occur. I wiped the excess lube off, fully charged the battery again, and haven't had any problems since....well, since last Saturday night when this happened. So, now all is great again! :)

I've also noticed the Wee glows slightly. It hasn't affected overall runtime (although I haven't done a true, full test). I unscrew it slightly, until there is slight battery rattle, then tighten it just a bit for the rattle to stop. Usually, that's all that's necessary.

Both lights are amazing. I read another thread about polishing the reflector on the Wee. Instead of doing this with a Dremel Tool...which I don't have the polishing accessory piece...I did this with Simichrome Polish. It changed the beam from a full flood, to a bright hotspot with good side spill. I don't have pictures, but think similar ones are posted.

BTW, the Raw NS is a 200/20 lumen model. The 200 lm is very white with a slight cool tinge to it. The 20 lm is also white with a a slight, uniform green tinge to it. The Wee NS is the 50 lumen Q3, neutral white model. This looks very similar in color to an incandescent bulb. I compared it to my Surefire E2E. Also, the Wee is significantly brighter than my CR2 Ion.

I'm considering the Wee Ti, or possibly another Limited Special...need to check funds, though.

The Drake/Draco still seem interesting, too.

Thanks,
Mike
P.S. Applevision...what are you thoughts on your new Lummis?

Thanks for your help! I also have the Raw NS and Wee NS on order. As soon as I receive those, the Drake or Draco will be next. Hopefully not both of them or my account will go :poof:! lol :sssh:

Thanks,
Mike

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've received my Raw NS and Wee NS. I like them both. I'm still amazed how small the Wee is...that's not to say the Raw is large, but the Wee is very tiny...the Raw is small.

In regards to the Raw, while carrying it, after the second full charge, I had it in my jeans coin pocket. When I went to use it that night, it barely glowed. I thought I had accidentally turned it on. After searching through threads on CPF, I read that the threads need to be ultra clean...lacking any excess lube or failures could occur. I wiped the excess lube off, fully charged the battery again, and haven't had any problems since....well, since last Saturday night when this happened. So, now all is great again! :)

I've also noticed the Wee glows slightly. It hasn't affected overall runtime (although I haven't done a true, full test). I unscrew it slightly, until there is slight battery rattle, then tighten it just a bit for the rattle to stop. Usually, that's all that's necessary.

Both lights are amazing. I read another thread about polishing the reflector on the Wee. Instead of doing this with a Dremel Tool...which I don't have the polishing accessory piece...I did this with Simichrome Polish. It changed the beam from a full flood, to a bright hotspot with good side spill. I don't have pictures, but think similar ones are posted.

BTW, the Raw NS is a 200/20 lumen model. The 200 lm is very white with a slight cool tinge to it. The 20 lm is also white with a a slight, uniform green tinge to it. The Wee NS is the 50 lumen Q3, neutral white model. This looks very similar in color to an incandescent bulb. I compared it to my Surefire E2E. Also, the Wee is significantly brighter than my CR2 Ion.

I'm considering the Wee Ti, or possibly another Limited Special...need to check funds, though.

The Drake/Draco still seem interesting, too.

Thanks,
Mike
P.S. Applevision...what are you thoughts on your new Lummis?

:mecry: I'm still waiting to receive them! I placed the order on Oct 8th and then got word on Oct 22 that they were shipped... hopefully anytime now! I can't wait! I got the Wee @100 lm. I am going to check it out and then probably get the 50 or 25 pill for versatility... I will post photos and stuff asap! You are so lucky!! :drool:

gollum

Enlightened
just my 2 cents....
I own the wee n/s and raw Ti both very nice
also own a draco chrome

I carry the draco on a paracord for around the neck
the wee ns on my keychain,I added a small amount of clear araldite around the trit vials as one did break.
had no trouble since doing this.
the wee will last only 15 mins which is fine unless you need to do a proper job requiring some sort of fiddly task etc....doesn't take long to go flat....usually only needed to light the path ahead or find something.
also good for reading as its a floody beam.

the draco is a bling beast,awesome output and very versatile...well worth navigating the sales thread,just email modamag for confirmation if you get confused.
you get 2 batteries which is great,its easier to use and technically superior but you pay the price...the lummi products look like jewellry and have k.i.s.s. operation.

to sum up the best thing is to buy both and play with them for a while ...they are easily sold here on cpf for little loss. but I bet you'll keep them all,they are truely little treasures....
THANKS TO BOTH BUILDERS FOR THESE PRODUCTS :twothumbs

when I get more $$$ I'll be getting the Ti Draco and if theres ever a raw Da I'd love to own one of them too, I got a wee Da on order ...can't wait :p

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I finally got my Lummi Wee! I am so happy!

Here are some pics:
IMG_4432.jpg

The Lummi Wee NS, brand new!

IMG_4433.jpg

From L to R: Glo-Toob, Lummi Wee, NiteCore D10 and an "olde-school" M@G SOLITAIRE! Look how tiny the Wee is!

IMG_4436.jpg

Head-on...

IMG_4437.jpg

A truly teeny light!

IMG_4439.jpg

And it's going right on my keychain!

In sum, this is a gorgeous, well-built and insanely bright (I got the 100 lumen model, of course...). I am extremely happy with the purchase. I also got a Nano charger and extra battery. I didn't get trits because I was warned that they can break on the keychain.

Thanks guys!!

:twothumbs