Lummi Raw & Wee vs. Drake & Draco

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
BEAMSHOTS

Hey team,

I had to post a few quick beamshots as well of the Lummi wee!

I am debating putting this in its own thread, but I think that this is the best place for them...

So here are beamshots of the Lummi Wee vs. the NiteCore D10:

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/luxwhore/IMG_4440.jpg

[over-size image replaced by link - DM51]

D10 on the Left (at Full brightness), Lummi Wee on the Right (with the warm-colored option). You can see that the Wee is actually fairly bright, especially for such a peanut of a light!! I got the 100 lumen one and the NiteCore D10 is rated at 130 lumens... But it seems like a bigger difference than that. One thing is the reflector which is making for a nice spot on the D10 while the Wee has this gorgeous soft floody beam.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp94/luxwhore/IMG_4441.jpg

[over-size image replaced by link - DM51]

Now here we see a Fauxton (pictured in my last post) vs. the Wee on the Right. You can see just how amazingly warm and bright this little guy is compared to the cold, blue dot of the fauxton... which, by the way, is an amazing little bugger in its own right.

NB: You cannot compare the two photos since the aperture was not fixed (I was using my little camera).

I wanted to close by saying that I tried to take a pic of these vs. the Solitaire... but the Solitaire's beam WAS NOT VISIBLE in the photos!!!! It's just that these lights are so much more powerful that they just wash it right out.

The Wee is an amazing light and I am so excited to have it. The warm tint is just gorgeous and it honest looks like an incan--in a good way!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

jwalker497

Newly Enlightened
Drake vs Wee

I did a very thourough search and cannot find the answers to my questions not a direct head to head comparison of these 2 lights. All I want to know is the following

1. What are each of these lights rated @ in Lumens?

2. What are there runtimes for each of these lights for each setting? (lummi only has 1 setting I beleive)

3. Would love to see a beam shot comparison of these 2 is possible. Thanks.

Last edited:

Alan_P

Newly Enlightened
Re: Drake vs Wee

The Wee is a single level light available in 100, 50 and 25 lumens. Pick the one you want when ordering. The run times are 15, 30 and 90 minutes to 50% accordingley. The light is unregulated. The beam pattern is pure flood. The light up a room beautifully but have no throw.

The Drake has multiple output levels. The highest level is a little over 100 lumens with a run about the same as the 100 lumen Wee. The lowest level appears to be about 2 lumens to my eyes. The run time depends on the combinations of levels used. The reflector provids considerably more throw then the Wee at the expense of having a more irregular beam shape (you can't do better out of a reflecor that small).

Sorry that I can't provide beam shots.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I've got a Drake (TiCN), Draco (Chrome...They are all surreal in brightness. In terms of size to output I'm always impressed with the Draco at full power.
had a wee and a draco. sold both, but regretted selling the draco. replaced it with a drake, and love it. love the lummis, but for a small tiny light i like the draco/drake the best.

Heckboy and HoopleHead,

Both of you having had both the Drake and Draco I hope you can give some insight. I have an AlTiN Draco and have found myself wanting to try a Drake and have been expecting it to be the same for my user setting and the factory low with the main difference being the high and shorter battery life.

How have you found them to comapare to each other and do you think a happy Draco owner could be satisfied with a Drake as a replacement?

heckboy

Enlightened
My Draco has been on dresser drawer duty for awhile not getting any use. I've swapped it out for a Ti ION XRE for awhile. I've got the Drake on one set of car keys and it gets regular use. One difference that is apparent to me is that my Drake has a bit of a green tint to it on high while the Draco is very white. For it's intended use I have no problem whatsoever with the tint of the Drake. Because of the tint difference I'd be hard pressed to consider them interchangable for all uses. For my simplistic use, as really fancy keychain lights, the two are pretty much the same. BTW, I almost always have another larger sized light available nearby which makes the differences even less important to me.

If I was forced at gunpoint to choose between them I'd take the Draco given longer runtime for a given setting and the hyper bright high. For me the size is for practical purposes the same as I am most concerned about the diameter of pocket lights and these are the same diameter.

You know what they say: get 'em both! :D

Later,
HB

MKLight

Enlightened
HB,

Does one feel better in your hands than the other? Is it easier to turn the Draco on with one hand than the Drake? Or do you typically use 2 hands? BTW, my Drake doesn't have a green tint...it's cooler with a white with slight blue color. It's an R2, I think W tint...not totally sure on that, though...would have to look it up.

Thanks,
MK

EDIT: If you had to do it over again, would you buy both?

Last edited:

heckboy

Enlightened
I've found that I use one hand to turn on the Drake. If the setting isn't what I want then I go to two hands to access the user interface. Just fiddling with them without keys attached the Draco is easier for me to one hand operate as you would suspect but I still use two hands to access the options.

I get completely geeked over small lights so I've got no regrets over buying both. I am always on the lookout for keychain sized lights. :broke:

Later,
HB

MKLight

Enlightened
Thanks. I'm thinking about getting a Draco. I'm trying to decide whether a Ti...AlTiN or bare...or in Aluminum because of it's heat properties. I like gadgets, too. Decisions, decisions...lol

Thanks again,
MK

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
If I was forced at gunpoint to choose between them I'd take the Draco given longer runtime for a given setting and the hyper bright high. For me the size is for practical purposes the same as I am most concerned about the diameter of pocket lights and these are the same diameter.

You know what they say: get 'em both! :D
I have the Draco and can't stop thinking about the Drake lately, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time! :naughty:

JLEGG

Newly Enlightened
i couldn't decide either so i ordered them both.
a wee and a drake.
i have an excuse.
fathers day is coming up, a little soon maybe but hey at least i have an excuse

MKLight

Enlightened
i couldn't decide either so i ordered them both.
a wee and a drake.
i have an excuse.
fathers day is coming up, a little soon maybe but hey at least i have an excuse

Lol Excuses are a good thing....Father's Day...stimulating the economy...;)