Lummi XR-E Offers (Camo ,XR-E Ti)

Doc

Enlightened
Rob sent payment from your web site for one RAW TI w/blue trit w/ CREE upgrade and can you set at 1/4 turn or less from low to high. Thanks, Doc

Last edited:

AndrewL

Newly Enlightened
paypal sent for NS cree plus spare battery

my paypal is from arlongden666 @ hotmail.com

dulridge

Enlightened
Just checking I got this right.

I post you my Raw and you put an XRE in it for £30? And hopefully send it back to me :)

If so where do i post it?

Cheers

BayGleam

Newly Enlightened
paypal.gif
for a NS XR-E with 5 green trit locators, no charger. Thanks again, Rob!

quantile

Newly Enlightened
Received my Raw Ti XR-E yesterday, thank you Rob for the fast shipping.

Wow.

Top notch machining and finish. Being Titanium the twisting action is a bit rough but I am confident that it will become smoother after a bit of use and some cleaning/re-greasing.

Brightness on high is absolutely stunning, I got ~2100 Lux at 1m beam center. The lower setting provides more than enough light for keychain light situations.

This is the nicest beam I have seen so far from a XR-E light: Well-defined hotspot, smooth transition to corona/spill, no sign of the dreaded X-RE rings.

To say I am pleased is an understatement.

Marcus

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
dulridge said:
Just checking I got this right.

I post you my Raw and you put an XRE in it for £30? And hopefully send it back to me :)

If so where do i post it?

Cheers

Spot on sir.

BayGleam :thanks:
quantile: Good to here Thank You.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob,
Another question for you - If I were to send my Orb raw Alu back for the £30 Cree upgrade, do I get to keep the original 3W unit ? Or do you keep it as part of the payment?

Many thanks

billybright

Enlightened
Hi Rob,

postman delivered my Camo Raw-XRE this morning:grin2:

All i can say is.. :wow: :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

I'm having a Merry CREE-stmas!! :santa:

BayGleam

Newly Enlightened
Rob,

I received my Raw NS XR-E today and, as your beamshots illustrate, it by far takes over my K2 Raw as the leader in lumens output per volume. The XR-E emitter and OP reflector produces a clean, uniform and amazingly bright beam that's smooth between hotspot and corona. I'm quite happy with the tint, which is a bit higher in color temp (more of a cooler, bluish white but no bluishness itself stands out) than that of my K2, and serves well in both low and high modes. I appreciate the fact that the XR-E's higher efficiency should lend to more battery life per charge. In terms of heat produced, after a minute on high, the XR-E Raw's body is moderately warm whereas my K2 would get almost uncomfortably warm in the same amount of time.

Billybright, +1 on having a Merry CREE-stmas! Tis a very bright season indeed!
santa.gif

Rob, hope you had a great Christmas and thank you again for this remarkable light - I can't wait to see what you have in store for 2007 (my wallet is already scurrying for cover. )
grinser2.gif

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the day before you BayGleam, hope that means mine will be here soon. Glad to see it is as good as expected! I am looking forward to my second belated CREEstmas gift (just got my D-Mini today)

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Raw Camo XR-E Wednesday. This little sucker is darn bright! It puts my Raw U bin to shame and that U bin is bright.

Pretty cool I must say.

Thanks! :twothumbs

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
ChocolateLab33 said:
I received my Raw camo cree Wednesday. This little sucker is darn bright!

Pretty cool I must say.

Thanks! :twothumbs

Looks like I might have a couple more days wait then. You ordered 3 business days before I did. And in the scope of things we are practically neighbors. I love and hate to hear about others getting their lights (before me) and liking them!

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Raw Ns XR-E today. Very impressive. Simple lux meter reflection tests indicate output is roughly TWICE my HDS U60, which is supposedly calibrated to 60 lumens during manufacturing. Conservatively, that puts the Ns XR-E well over 100 lumens on high.

Didn't do a comprehensive run time test, but if current is 700 mA, and the 14250's capacity is about 300 mAh, maybe 15 min? I did some rudimentary timed tests with a lux meter, which showed it reaches 50% output in about 8-10 minutes, so run time will be pretty short.

Low appears roughly equal to my HDS U60 on level 8, which is about 5 lumens. Theoretical run time on low would be 30+ hrs, assuming 8-10 mA drive current.

Starting with a freshly charged battery, the Ns XR-E gets quite hot if left on high a few minutes, even hotter than my Fire~FlyIII on burst mode. That's OK for brief use, and the low is really sufficient for many activities. But if you leave it running on high in "candle mode" sitting on a table, then pick it up after several minutes, it will be hot.

Beam pattern is a nice mix of central spot and bright surrounding flood. A few very faint ring-like artifacts if scrutinizing against a white wall. Tint seems very white.

Considering the Ns XR-E is about 1/4 the volume of an HDS U60, and about 1/2 the volume of the tiny Fire~FlyIII (pocket body), puts out nearly 2x the light (albeit for a short run time) that's pretty good.

The main drawback is a short running time, but that's no different from other super-high-output small lights. Using "low" output and saving "high" for brief periods makes it more practical.

The CR2-powered regular Raw XR-E with three output levels seems a more general-purpose light from a run time/brightness standpoint. However the Ns is smaller. If you want the smallest possible light with the greatest possible output, the Ns XR-E is it. Personally I would have preferred backing down the "high" level drive current to about 500 mA or so, which would have given the Ns a little more utility.

Last edited:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doc: 14250 size, 3.6 volt Li-ion
ChocolateLab33 & joema BIG :thanks: for the kid words. :thumbsup: