• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired M-Zeppelin M6 LED heatsinks and builds, multi-aspheric beamshots added

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Orders/sales for M-Zeppelin Surefire M6 LED heatsink kits and builds

Ooohh, I like this setup even more I think. Instead of 3x18650's on a Leef, how about 3xIMR123's on an M3 body? Now you've got the looks of an M3T but the output of a 4th of July celebration. Don't you just love SF LEGO-ability :devil:

3237571083_eb9dc97610.jpg

3238411942_6f0f73015f.jpg

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got my sink today, very cool. Like I said before so much planning and a very neat professional product.
Now I have to decide of I want to use a cool white R2 for this or one of the JE6 warm white R2's I got yesterday.
I am usually a sucker for that long throw cool white.

Thanks

Dave

Dave, thanks.

Have fun building it.

Ooohh, I like this setup even more I think. Instead of 3x18650's on a Leef, how about 3xIMR123's on an M3 body? Now you've got the looks of an M3T but the output of a 4th of July celebration. Don't you just love SF LEGO-ability :devil:

Bruce, glad you're having fun with it.

It looks great on the M3 body!

openbolt1

Enlightened

[FONT=&quot]Awesome! I have some question I'd like to PM you..

openbolt[/FONT]

Last edited:

Visible EM Wave

Enlightened

Hi Dennis, I'll take a MZXR-7 built, $425 + shipping to Canada.

I have the tool from RPM and I can try to fit it myself.

Thanks!

1wrx7

Enlightened

I'm in for a MZP7 sink kit with cut down MCR 27 reflectors:party:
Heatsink kit $125
3 Modded mcr27's $69

If I wasn't sick right now I would be hanging out with DaFabricata enjoying Griff's MZOX-4:ohgeez: DaFab says it's awsome.

It would be great if you could make it to the lower MI get-together. If the list keeps filling up like this we might need two cabins:twothumbs

Also... can you recomend a driver that can run the 3 P7's near full output and also have at least one lower level. I have a FM holder and several MB20's so battery configuration shouldn't matter.

Thank you for your work on this:thumbsup: The engineering on these sinks is exactly what a SF lego fan is looking for.

Keith

Last edited:

1wrx7

Enlightened

If the list's are updated my heatsink is #17... my lucky number:twothumbs Only three more to go. Thank you again for your hard work Dennis.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

It would be great if you could make it to the lower MI get-together. If the list keeps filling up like this we might need two cabins:twothumbs

Also... can you recomend a driver that can run the 3 P7's near full output and also have at least one lower level. I have a FM holder and several MB20's so battery configuration shouldn't matter.

Thank you for your work on this:thumbsup: The engineering on these sinks is exactly what a SF lego fan is looking for.

Keith

Thanks Keith, got you down.

The Shark Buck 3A with a Remora and running 6XCR or RCR123s in the FM holder will drive the P7s at spec in full regulation for the duration of the cells, and offer 3 levels.

I'll try and make it to the getogether, sounds like it's going to be a great time.

I've already gone ahead with the machining, P7 sinks are being cut now. Regardless of whether or not 20 orders are placed I'll make extras and fill up the run.

Orders will still be taken until the batch is ready for anodizing.

dradee1

Newly Enlightened

When you say built MZP7-3, $385 is that for a complete head ready to just screw on the body?

Would the MZP7-3 work on a Leef 3x18650 body M head/C cap standard twisty?

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

When you say built MZP7-3, $385 is that for a complete head ready to just screw on the body?

Would the MZP7-3 work on a Leef 3x18650 body M head/C cap standard twisty?

Hi

see above

eg. Leef M-C Tube
3237324351_4e2ed6aae4.jpg

Twisty
3237571083_eb9dc97610.jpg

Accessories:
- Adapter sleeve for use with Leef M tube, $10. Ano inside tube taper must also be removed.

Not included: host light . . .

Built modules:
You get a completed module, just add light, holder if required, and cells. Delivery will obviously take longer than kits, and depend on the queue.

You need a KT4 Head +lego or full M6 Host

Pete

Edwood

Enlightened

How long of a runtime do you get with the M3 body 3xIMR123 configuration?

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good question, I haven't receved the IMR cells from AW yet to test out. I'd imagine it's not very long but that's fine by me; I'll happily sacrifice runtime in favor of form factor. I may be alone in this regard though.

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

How long of a runtime do you get with the M3 body 3xIMR123 configuration?

Hi

I get 40 minutes from 2200mAh equivalent LiIons so IMR16340 rated at 550mAh may get 10-12 minutes as they will be running in direct drive on the high Remora setting.

M-Zep 3P7
SharkBuck +Remora
SFM3-IMR

10+ High
30+ Med
80+ Low

Personally I find the Low mode great for corridors and medium size rooms as it is not very low at all - not a tent reading light level.

Cheers
Pete

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for fielding Pete.

Edwood, with the MZP7-3 on 3 li-ion cells hi level will be direct drive. On hi the light will slowly dim until it becomes the same as med. At nominal voltage of 11.1V, the light draws 1.37A. The light might run around 20 minutes on (3) IMR 16340 before reaching medium.

The medium level draws 0.92A (1.0A regulated to P7s), and low draws 0.34A (400mA to P7s). Approximate runtimes would be 1/2 hr and 1 1/2 hr respectively.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good question, I haven't receved the IMR cells from AW yet to test out. I'd imagine it's not very long but that's fine by me; I'll happily sacrifice runtime in favor of form factor. I may be alone in this regard though.

Bruce, It might be a" KANSAS " thing:laughing:

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for fielding Pete.

Edwood, with the MZP7-3 on 3 li-ion cells hi level will be direct drive. On hi the light will slowly dim until it becomes the same as med. At nominal voltage of 11.1V, the light draws 1.37A. The light might run around 20 minutes on (3) IMR 16340 before reaching medium.

The medium level draws 0.92A (1.0A regulated to P7s), and low draws 0.34A (400mA to P7s). Approximate runtimes would be 1/2 hr and 1 1/2 hr respectively.

Hi

Sorry - Just had to leap in there . . . You know me - Just can't wait !

Glad to see I wasn't too far off with my guesstimates.

Cheers
Pete

Last edited:

badllama

Newly Enlightened

new to this forum and very interested in ordering a MZXR-7 built module any chance you can email me to work out details?
Thanks
Tarek

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tarek, welcome to CPF!

PM sent with info (couldn't find an email link).