M1X - warm tint, comparison shot Fenix TA30 and FINALLY a pic that shows the warmth

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M1X - warm tint, love it !! - a few beamshots added

M1X warm compared with TK20

PC230064.jpg

[/B][/U] [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

TK20? That light looks cool next to the M1X... :thinking:

Isn't that a typo? If not, how warm is the M1X really? Although I like neutral white, real warm white would be too much heat. I guess you don't know more about the emitter?

If it is neutral white, the M1X will be the first 2 x 18650 light on my list, I normally only like small lights, 1 x 18650 maximum. This would be an exception! :cool:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M1X - warm tint, love it !!

nope mine is specifically warm tinted, much warmer than my TK20. Will take some shots later and post.

Amazing. According to your picture TK20 looks like cool white in comparison. I have a TK20 and it's very warm. When I see your comparison picture your M1X has to be 3000K or less. Isn't that TOO warm tint?

Regards, Patric

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M1X - warm tint, love it !! - a few beamshots added

The pictures dont really show the tint of the light, this M1X that i have is warm to the point of incand warm BUT its darn bright! Will try to take some better shots to show off the tint.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M1X - warm tint, added comparison shot with LF HO-9

added a comparison shot in post #1 with a G2 running a LF HO-9 on 2xRCR123, the M1X is on 2x18500

Ainsley

Newly Enlightened

Wow, the cold tint is the only thing I don't like about my M1X. I'd really like to pick up one of these warm tinted ones!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh man! :sigh:
That looks so good... and to think I had held off on the M1X until 2 weeks ago :ohgeez: :laughing:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is yours the warm tint version? Where did you get yours?

Nah mate, that's why I'm so disappointed... I waited so many months, and then two weeks after I get mine, they come out with a warm version!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

It was the only reason i got the light, having gone night geocaching with my younger brother i realised that a warm tinted light was far more effective at piercing the undergrowth.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

Keep hearing about it, but no trustworthy online retailer has it in stock yet, this really SUX...:tired:

Fender

Newly Enlightened

Mine is the V4, I got it as soon as they made it overseas about a month and a half ago, whenever it was. It is definitely a warm version. It's a LOT warmer than any of my other LED lights. I'm pretty sure now that this is one of the "circuitry" changes that was made for the V4.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

It seems that all those people who have purchased the M1X V4 warm tint are keeping their place of purchase a state secret... :shakehead

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree! I want to know where they are being sold!

I got my V4 as soon as it was released, and it is a normal cool tint.

Where are the warm tints being bought from???

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

The warm emitters (whatever they are) are put in the M1X upon dealer request only, so it is not another version how to say.

Now I don't understand what's going on here : I don't think Jetbeam makes only 3 lights upon request, normally you have to take more. According to a dealer on CPF (who doesn't sell Jetbeam), CPFers are the only target group for warm versions and they risk to sit on their stocks.

OK, that's being said we have a dealer with warm tintes M1X here and he even doesn't make publicity here for these lights??? :shrug: :confused: :thinking:

The world is strange sometimes...

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the response Henk, perhaps you could point me to this CPF dealer or online store this dealer operates.

Have a great New Year!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M1X - warm tint, added comparison shot Fenix TA30

added comparison shot with a Fenix TA30 on max in post #1, think i need a better camera than my Olympus Tough 6010 :D